Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 340 now for sale - ***NOW SOLD***

Views : 3608

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 00:46   #1
Paula

Default Volvo 340 now for sale - ***NOW SOLD***

Evening everyone ................

I chatted to the guy who I sold the car to and I have decided not to buy her back afterall.

Why?

Because after serious thought, running 3 cars will simply be too expensive at this difficult time.

So the car is up for sale.

If anyone is interested and David will not sell it to anyone who wants to break her, please Private Message me.

The car really is in wonderful condition and I have just valeted her so she looks like new.

See this thread:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59299

Nitey nite

Paula
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dsc03637R.JPG (111.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Dsc03638R.JPG (96.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Dsc03640C.JPG (84.1 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Paula; Oct 11th, 2008 at 01:10.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 19:17   #2
SteveP
300 Maniac

What a nice example, sorry to hear about your troubles but that's well worth someone putting some work towards judging by the body condition!
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 23:16   #3
Paula

Hi Steve,

Yes it is nice and I loved driving her..............

Because of the commanding driving position, it felt indestructible driving her.

I really miss her and wish that I never sold her now.

It's a great town car and in London it was easy to park with it's awesome turning circle.

Economical and built to last.

Nite

Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
What a nice example, sorry to hear about your troubles but that's well worth someone putting some work towards judging by the body condition!
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 22:43   #4
Chris_C
Gopher

Where abouts in Surrey are you, and do you have any idea how many pennies we'd be talking? I shouldn't even be thinking about this, but if that shell really is as clean as it looks...
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 23:08   #5
Paula

Smile Hi Chris

Evening Chris,

Sorry I have just signed on.

I am based in Weybridge, Surrey.

The shell is in great shape and has never been in any accident so the sills and underbody are first class.

The car was the local Volvo dealers demonstrator in 1989 and was sold to one of their customer's.

He and his daughter were the only owners before me and the dealer continued to service it for them. Money was no problem for these people and all the dealer's service invoices are still available.

After it's purchase by me in 2001, the car was serviced for 6 years by my Volvo trained mechanic on a regular basis.

The transmission has fully synthetic oil in it with Amsoil. ( my favourite oil )

Before I sold the car to David, it was fully serviced and MOT'd.

I also had a new rear silencer fitted, and the brakes overhauled.

It passed it's MOT with flying colours in May 2007 and has been standing since August 2007 when he wrecked the engine, silly man.

The car is pushed regularly so the brakes have not rusted up.

The interior is also in first class condition with it's cloth seats and interior plastics in 100% shape.

All the electric works too and oh yes, it has a new battery.

If I win the lottery, I would put a new engine and radiator in her and do another 100K.

I really miss driving Trundle 2 ( my nickname for the car ) but David and I want to see her in good hands with a sensible Volvo 340 enthusiast.

Finally, I have been polishing her every 2 months since David bought it from me.

Look forward to your reply.

Take care

Paula

PS. As long as the car goes to someone who will put her back on the road, then David does not want a fortune for her..... Please PM me and we can discuss this.

PPS. It has 2 large Pioneer speakers in the rear that cost me a small fortune and the front speakers were upgraded too. I miss playing Culture Club etc when I go clubbing in London and shaking the car's sides ...........LOL !! Another reason why I loved the car, you could leave it anywhere and jealous people with their coins would leave her alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_C View Post
Where abouts in Surrey are you, and do you have any idea how many pennies we'd be talking? I shouldn't even be thinking about this, but if that shell really is as clean as it looks...

Last edited by Paula; Oct 13th, 2008 at 23:27.
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 23:36   #6
Chris_C
Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
sensible Volvo 340 enthusiast.
My reputation hasn't got too far then Seriously if I did get it, I wouldn't be putting a 1.4 in, it'd either be a 1.7 (most likely) or a 1.8 16V (or a 2.0 from a 400, all depends what comes up). I had a look in the shed yesterday, and I have a spare 1.7 exhaust, sump and bellhousing here, and a radiator. Also have a 400 inlet manifold, and starter motor, so I think the only thing I'm missing is a block.

Thing is, time money and space are fighting against it though...
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 00:00   #7
Paula

Smile Hi Chris

Received your PM's many thanks.

Managed to contact David and have just PM'd you a price.

Interesting what you might do with the car if you buy her.

I was thinking at one time of making her a Super Trundle and putting a Rover V8 in.

Now that would be FUN at the Traffic Lights Grand Prix ......... An awesome Q

Paula

Quote:
My reputation hasn't got too far then Seriously if I did get it, I wouldn't be putting a 1.4 in, it'd either be a 1.7 (most likely) or a 1.8 16V (or a 2.0 from a 400, all depends what comes up). I had a look in the shed yesterday, and I have a spare 1.7 exhaust, sump and bellhousing here, and a radiator. Also have a 400 inlet manifold, and starter motor, so I think the only thing I'm missing is a block.

Thing is, time money and space are fighting against it though...

Last edited by Paula; Oct 14th, 2008 at 00:02.
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 00:15   #8
Paula

Smile

Hi everyone,

I am sure Chris will not mind me saying but he is putting on hold any decision on whether to buy the Volvo or not.

In the meantime if any of you are interested in her, please PM me.

Nite

Paula
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 10:58   #9
Chris_C
Gopher

I really hope you find someone willing to take her on, I need to find me more space
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 18:28   #10
Paula

Thanks Chris.

Take care

Paula

Quote:
I really hope you find someone willing to take her on, I need to find me more space