Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Discounts

Views : 2875

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2009, 18:41   #11
JackRussel

hey Trident, volvo are supporting the dealership to the tune of £2000, and as I say, if you use volvo finance and borrow at least £7000 they will also contribute £1000, so you should get £3000 without even trying. Anymore than that will depend on the dealership and your relationship with them. I have ordered 3 cars in 5 years ( 2 XC90s and now an XC 60 ) from the same dealership so was able to negotiate a good discount.

Cars ordered before the end of March are still receiving 3 years free servicing.

See my other thread about the new D5 engine. Apparently new factory orders will now be for MY10 cars and will contain the new diesel engines. The D5 has a price increase of £750, not sure about the 2.4D.

Good luck.
JackRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 19:18   #12
Trident

Thanks JackRussell - I did see your other thread about the engines - it answered the very question I was going to ask the dealer - I would defo want to get one of the new engines.
The finance option you took at 4.8% APR - I presume that is an HP deal rather than a PCP?
Also do you know over how long they would do the 4.8% over 2, 3 or 5 years?
Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 21:15   #13
JackRussel

hey Trident, the finance is 13.9 % APR over 2 years or 11.8 % APR over 3 years and is HP. I think this equates to about 5 % flat rate but I am no expert. 4.8 % APR would be a fantastic deal !

My order is placed for a D5 SE manual with metallic silver, leather, sunroof, front and rear park assist, heated seats, tints, rear centre armrest, luxury mats, boot mat, dog guard and fixed towbar. Total price £31978.

Good luck. Let us know how the negotiations go.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 12:53   #14
adambsmith

The 4.9% APR deal on Volvo's website is for a PCP. That's what I took mine on.

See http://www.volvocars.com/uk/All-Cars...tion_xc60.aspx

In the end the deal was shaved to 4.8% APR which is about 2.4% flat per annum
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 17:37   #15
Trident

So had my test drive today in a D5 SE Lux - its very nice - I am totally smitten. The engine is pretty quiet and pulls really well. I was expecting something akin to a tractor after reading some of the press reviews.

We had a chat about prices on new XC60s and the dealer told me he would be unable to take any orders until mid April as the MY09 quota was all sold and the MY10 was not orderable yet as the price increases have not been confirmed.
He did his best then to sell me some current stock - but nothing quite matched what I am after.

So I later went to another local dealer - and they have a demonstrator that more than matches my requirements - so i'm just waiting for the trade-in price on my car. Then I can start negotiations on there demonstrator. Looks like I might be able to get a D5 SE Lux, (fully loaded with everything) for no more than a new D5 S and a few options. Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 23:20   #16
JackRussel

Hey Trident, hope the negotiations on the demonstrator go well. Just for information, I have a MY10 XC60 factory order placed, still with £5500 discount and 3 years free servicing. £750 increase to list price, includes the new D5 ( 205 bhp ) engine. Delivery late June ?

Last edited by JackRussel; Mar 22nd, 2009 at 00:03.
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 23:19   #17
Trident

Hi JackRussell - you could say negotiations went pretty well - I now have an XC60 on the driveway. Got a good deal - the car has almost every option. Its a great car to drive.
Thanks for your help over the last few days. Bet you cant wait till June?
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 11:11   #18
JackRussel

Hey Trident, congratulations on the new car. Sounds like you got a great deal.

Looking forward to June and getting rid of my XC90 and getting the new D5 in the XC60