Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Mud flaps yes or no

Views : 3227

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 15:46   #11
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyman View Post
Absolute must. You could also try the Ovlov ones from China which are much cheaper and apparently are a perfect fit.
Mine don't fit the back at all. The front ones are great, but they are very short so do not get all of the crud.

Supposedly I "Have bought the wrong ones" because the Volvo XC60 has changed from 2014 to 2015. Can anyone confirm whether this is in fact the case?
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 07:17   #12
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
Mine don't fit the back at all. The front ones are great, but they are very short so do not get all of the crud.

Supposedly I "Have bought the wrong ones" because the Volvo XC60 has changed from 2014 to 2015. Can anyone confirm whether this is in fact the case?
There is a difference between the two models, I have fitted both and they both work fine, they are mud flaps not a magic wand so you will always get spray

Have a look at the thread I started about them, easily found using the search function http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=220729
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 09:18   #13
Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post

My Chinese Ovlovs didn't really fit on the rear until I warmed them in hot water to make them a bit more malleable and could get them to fit the contour of the car better.

Not sure if this will help you as you say they don't fit the back at all but it may be worth a try as mine were quite far off initially and felt like to get it to fit either the flap or the body work was going to break first.

Oh and I've got a 2015 car.

Paul.
Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bloke For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 17:20   #14
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5 View Post
There is a difference between the two models, I have fitted both and they both work fine, they are mud flaps not a magic wand so you will always get spray

Have a look at the thread I started about them, easily found using the search function http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=220729
Thanks - I had seen your thread - I'm post #29 back in April. I've had mudflaps before over the last 40 years of car owning, and they have kept more off than these. Ah well.

I had thought from previous posts that MY2015 and MY2016 owners had bought these specific mudflaps, and am therefore surprised to learn that there was a change in design of rear wheel arch since 2014. Drat. I've now read Bloke's response, and it will be the warm water or the wallpaper stripper heat gun. Leaving them out in the sun three weeks ago (I think that was summer) didn't make them malleable enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fellwalker For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 16:49   #15
Brendon91

Thumbs up

Can someone please post an active link for mudflaps to suit my 2015 d4 xc60 r design?cheaper the better.cheers
Brendon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2018, 19:32   #16
noodle1066
Volvo is now in my blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon91 View Post
Can someone please post an active link for mudflaps to suit my 2015 d4 xc60 r design?cheaper the better.cheers
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-OEM-F...frcectupt=true
noodle1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2018, 12:06   #17
steve 1550

I say yes as well. Hardly notice them on the car either.
steve 1550 is offline   Reply With Quote