Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

B20 build

Views : 13439

Replies : 147

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:22   #21
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonjulian View Post
I'll see if I can get hold of more of the figures. They are all on my pals computer. I'm using KD needles.
You have definatley got more if you are using KDs. I have two RN, based on your spec almost certainly better but may not be the best.
You are welcome to borrow them to try
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:23   #22
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdz840 View Post
Mitch
Rig up a vacuum gauge and measure you vacuum. If you have SUs you can t into this. You need a gauge full swing to at least 25"HG. I have one you can borrow?
Then get a cheap tank and this valve (191551792377) and plumb the vac gauge between the servo and this new valve.
If you go my (cheapass) route it's fairly unobtrusive. Alternatively this looks shinier(&#128516
Russ
Thanks Russ, put in an offer on a tank and ordered the NRV. What size VAC hose fits do you remember? The cheapass route is good.

I'm back working on the car, so many ideas and things to do. I snapped my thumb tendon earlier in the year which stopped me working at the workshop for a while.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:26   #23
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khe Sanh View Post
Sounds mean with the side draft carbs too.
If you mean the u tube video it's moved on. Sound much better now😄
Just need someone with more nonce than the missus to video it!
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:27   #24
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonjulian View Post
I'll see if I can get hold of more of the figures. They are all on my pals computer. I'm using KD needles.
Can't remember what I ended up with but I still have some trailing to do as well.

Last edited by Burdekin; Dec 13th, 2015 at 10:31.
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:33   #25
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
If you mean the u tube video it's moved on. Sound much better now��
Just need someone with more nonce than the missus to video it!
The one you posted a while back. I take it she doesn't read the forum. ;-)
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:38   #26
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Thanks Russ, put in an offer on a tank and ordered the NRV. What size VAC hose fits do you remember? The cheapass route is good.

I'm back working on the car, so many ideas and things to do. I snapped my thumb tendon earlier in the year which stopped me working at the workshop for a while.
Mitch
Did you put in an offer on a tank with the hoses attached? They are normally sealed on and makes everything simpler. Other wise you need hose that will hold 30"HG as well as fit the tank outlet. Hoses need to hold the vacuum and whilst on eBay they say they are suitable for vacuum I'm dubious. It needs to be reinforced really.
I'm putting together with a guy in China a complete silicone hose kit for the 1800 including a preformed hose from the heater valve to head. Rather than the straight hose that doesn't run well.
Also a split oil cooler hose. As part of that kit will be servo hoses. That may not help you now but eBay has plenty. The audi tank I have only has a small bore hose but it's the tank volume that's important
Snapped tendon, sounds painful. I had an accident in the MX5, C3, C6 and C7 have herniated. Apparently need a fusion. My mate reckons it will be better than the Brass Neck I'm currently😄
Russ
The Following User Says Thank You to tdz840 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:45   #27
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Mitch
Did you put in an offer on a tank with the hoses attached? They are normally sealed on and makes everything simpler. Other wise you need hose that will hold 30"HG as well as fit the tank outlet. Hoses need to hold the vacuum and whilst on eBay they say they are suitable for vacuum I'm dubious. It needs to be reinforced really.
I'm putting together with a guy in China a complete silicone hose kit for the 1800 including a preformed hose from the heater valve to head. Rather than the straight hose that doesn't run well.
Also a split oil cooler hose. As part of that kit will be servo hoses. That may not help you now but eBay has plenty. The audi tank I have only has a small bore hose but it's the tank volume that's important
Snapped tendon, sounds painful. I had an accident in the MX5, C3, C6 and C7 have herniated. Apparently need a fusion. My mate reckons it will be better than the Brass Neck I'm currently😄
Russ
No they all were just the tank so will need to source some decent VAC hose.

Christ your back injury would hurt way more. Hope you get it sorted. The tendon didn't really hurt much at all, I just couldn't use it while it healled after the op to sew it back together.
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 11:02   #28
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
The one you posted a while back. I take it she doesn't read the forum. ;-)
Haha! which means she isn't aware what I spend
Only the dog likes the car

Now I can't get in the car without him barking!
Russ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdz840 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 11:05   #29
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
No they all were just the tank so will need to source some decent VAC hose.

Christ your back injury would hurt way more. Hope you get it sorted. The tendon didn't really hurt much at all, I just couldn't use it while it healled after the op to sew it back together.
The worst bit is I cannot swim anymore, can't lift my neck up so hit the end!
Still running which does actually help.
Trying to convince the wife I need a four post lift cause getting underneath now is a pain!
Russ
The Following User Says Thank You to tdz840 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 11:08   #30
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Just seeing the air intake on your P1800 reminds me of another thing I have planned, an early styled P1800 intake design for my Amazon is on the list of things to do.