Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'98 V70XC Mk1 AWD, 10mths MOT, 85k

Views : 1981

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2019, 19:47   #11
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

Just to remind you of your own words in the 7/900 sales section back in January:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
Every time someone posts a car for sale people with no interest come along to tell them it’s not worth it.

Why? It’s not your car that you are trying to sell and in this case the op has not even asked for their opinion!!!!

Leave the op to his sale unless you are making a formal offer!!!
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
AllHailKingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AllHailKingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2019, 21:10   #12
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHailKingVolvo View Post
Just to remind you of your own words in the 7/900 sales section back in January:
I accept that. I have not contacted you via eBay however or your wife for that matter it just seemed to me that for 25 quid and a good polish you would maybe get an extra grand.

It is of course not my place to point this out and I am not trying to be negative, it’s an 85k miles car and worth a reasonable amount once presented.

Good luck with the sale.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2019, 22:56   #13
amazondean
amazondean

It is me that you have been having a conversation via ebay! I would be very interested, it's just that you are too far away from me to take a punt i'm afraid. It might have been just what I was looking for!!
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amazondean For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 14th, 2019, 10:37   #14
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

Hi all,
Thankyou for the interest and correspondence via PM and eBay. After some deliberation we've decided to keep the car, carry out the work required to put it right mechanically and do a light resto on it.

We received a lot of offers on the car (some ridiculous, some sensie) but it seems a waste to let a basically sound car with minimal miles sell for less that what we paid for it.

If my partner still doesn't like the car when it's 100% right, it will be back here again in a couple of months!
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
Old May 30th, 2019, 11:48   #15
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

Hi all,
Due to a lack of time and funds, our V70 Cross Country is now up for sale again. It's on eBay, full description and pics on the listing. Potentially a great car for the right person but needs some work to make it perfect.

It is what it is, and it'll sell for whatever it's worth. We've run out of time, space and patience with the seemingly endless stream of tyre kickers and dreamers who have bid and then retracted bids, made offers then reneged on them without seeing it, or have agreed to buy the car and then disappeared without viewing the car.

All the info is in the listing...if you're interested in the car, please read it all from top to bottom.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F293106252107
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 16:34   #16
amazondean
amazondean

Well I was seriously interested, but when I asked about the car still having its prop shaft, to make sure it still works as a four wheel drive, you replied that you can't get under to have a look, as though I was wasting your time.

After several conversations about it, you then said that it appears that it might not. I have not seen you change the listing to say that it "might not be working in four wheel drive"

I was and still am interested, but when serious questions are asked, you need to help with their queries, especially ones that involve the integrity of the car!!

no wander you have been messed about. (not by me I hasten to say) I was under the impression from your listing and initial conversations that the four wheel drive was working. But now it appears that it "might not".

So as you are a Volvo enthusiast, as you own several of them, does the car work as a four wheel drive as it should do. If it does, then I am interested and will bid further.

Regards....Dean

Last edited by amazondean; Jun 3rd, 2019 at 16:39.
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 01:52   #17
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

Dean,
You've had TWO MONTHS of extensive contact with my VERY patient and friendly partner Amy (whose car it is), in the form of 24 emails/eBay messages/texts, 21 pictures of the car, a video of the car and a lengthy telephone conversation about the car (after twice telling us that you like the car but it's too far away for you to buy), so I don't appreciate the inference that you've been treated as if you're wasting our time.

We cannot keep offering the reassurance you seek about anything and everything. It's an old car that has a load of issues (which we have been very upfront about) and is selling for a few hundred quid as a project.

Please just come to view the car and make your mind up as to whether you have the confidence in it to bid or not. I don't physically fit under the car (it sits low and I am a 19 stone guy) to examine the 4wd system for you. Other than the fact that I know absolutely nothing about the 4wd system, I'm not prepared to put a car with an iffy handbrake in the air with a scissor jack on a gravel driveway and crawl underneath it, because I don't have a deathwish.

Please, as I said, come and view the car yourself, examine the 4wd bits and make up your mind rather than worrying about it from a distance. If that isn't practical, please find a car closer to you that you can view and buy with confidence.

Failing that, commission an RAC report on the car.

I'm not trying to be awkward about anything, but let's apply some common sense here. Any inspection is welcome, anytime.
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 15:50   #18
amazondean
amazondean

As you are so far away (240 miles) I don't think it is unreasonable to ask a few questions about the car. The reason it's been two Months is because you were asking more than I thought it was worth, and now maybe it will sell for what it's worth on a no reserve auction. As long as people know what is working and what isn't!

It is a good job I did ask a lot of questions, because your initial answer about the four wheel drive was that it all seems ok. Only when I asked if you can check the prop shaft was still there did it all go wrong! Regarding the photos, I just wanted a few pictures of the bad bits, so I can make an educated guess of its condition. I am actually experienced enough to study close up pictures to gain a good understanding of the body paint and condition. By the way, you only sent 7 pictures to me, most of them were just random nothings.

There is just one question I am wanting an answer to, and that is, Does the car still have its prop shaft connected underneath. I don't see why I should have to drive 240 miles when you could take two minutes to look. I have heard every excuse there is why you can't look under the back of the car and see if the prop shaft is still there. It is big enough and long enough. You don't need to be mechanically minded to do that, though you own several classic Volvo's, so I know you are more than capable.

The four wheel drive is about the most important part of this car and a damn expensive one to put right, so I am sorry that I disagree with you over this. Yes I can look at another one, but I am interested in yours. If I new the prop shaft was there, then at least I have some understanding around it. I am not asking you to take it to a garage and find out if all is 100%

You have been trying to sell this for several Months now on various sites, so maybe you just need to listen to what people want from you and maybe you will actually sell it, as it's still not guaranteed after the ebay listing finishes when the winning bidder finds out the four wheel drive doesn't actually work!

So to just clarify, all you need to do is spend a few minutes having a good luck underneath from the back. There is no need to jack the car up, you can see clearly enough with a phone light and there is more than enough room to get underneath from the back to look. I know, I have several 850's and v70's. You are a young bloke, not an old codger! and if you see a long round thing that is not the exhaust going down the middle of the car, then that will be the prop shaft. It's as simple as that.

I am not wasting your time. I don't have time to waste as I'm sure you don't. I am still interested if I can get answers, that's all.

Regards....Dean

Last edited by amazondean; Jun 4th, 2019 at 16:03.
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 16:05   #19
amazondean
amazondean

Smile

There is no hard feelings from me. As you say, I can look for another, so please don't be offended, I just know what I need to know before I make a rash decision on the car.

Thanks
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 23:40   #20
mentepazza

There is another one for sale right now. Almost perfect.
mentepazza is offline   Reply With Quote