Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for some Gemini alloys, where do I search?

Views : 1053

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 14th, 2019, 14:29   #11
baggy798
🤍💙💗

Decent wheels crop up on ebay every so often, just got to be patient and keep looking.

Compomotive-Penta-alloy-wheels-Ferrari-volvo-5-x-108

Hydras look 95% the same as Geminis and are relatively abundant. They also use standard centre caps rather than proprietary screw on caps.

Those Dracos have been on ebay for 5+ years, scrap tyres and £200 overpriced.
Old Jun 28th, 2019, 23:27   #12
PastelCo

Default Update on Gemini wheels

After many weeks of trawling through the internet in search of this extremely rare alloys I have finally come across a set! unfortunately, that is where the positives end as they are located in the south east of Germany... They're selling for €1,550 but the owner is saying he is lowering the price of them by €50 every 2 days until someone snatches them up. I've got no idea if i am going to go for these as I've got no clue how to get them over to the UK (I know i would have to import them but I'm not sure how i'd go about that) but it seems like having them posted over from the mainland is my only option if i'm going to obtain some. Could someone who has more knowledge on this subject provide me with some helpful information? Thanks in advance!
PastelCo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PastelCo For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 29th, 2019, 00:11   #13
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Wait 60 days until they're down to €50 and use the money you've saved to have them sent to you as 4 separate parcels of 10kg (or thereabouts) each in one consignment.

I've no experience of sending or having a foreign seller send items of that size but that worked best for me in the UK, sending a set of wheels from the south coast to here in Suffolk.
I think at the time parcels up to 20kg were allowed and so they were sent as 2x 20kg parcels instead of 4x 10kg parcels. That was a set of S/V40 16" Craters for my old 827 Coupe. Think the total cost was about £26 and that was about 5 years ago.

I know recently Royal Mail/Parcelforce introduced a thing where you can send any package up to 20kg globally for about £15, if Germany have a similar reciprocal arrangement, that may be an option.

Now you just have to gamble on when someone else pulls the trigger as the price drops €50 every 2 days.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 29th, 2019, 00:47   #14
jack taylor
Master Member

Hi, Parcelhero and NI Parcels.com in the uk will collect the wheels from germany and ship to you. You can get a quote online but dimensions , weight and sellers post code needed. Should you accept the quote you will of course need sellers details. Everything can be booked and paid online. I recently shipped a folding mobility scooter from the uk to spain and it couldn't have been easier.
Don't worry about customs.
My friends parcel weighed about 28kg and cost to include insurance was €94.00. Took 5 days to arrive. jack
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack taylor For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 16:51   #15
kanumark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastelCo View Post
I've been on the hunt now for some gemini wheels for my 2.0 740 but I can't find any anywhere, I know they're extremely rare but maybe I've been looking in the wrong place? Can someone help out a guy who's new to the volvo scene, Thanks!
I have a complete set (with centre caps) here in Canada.

I've owned them them for the last 7 years in hopes of finding a decent 700/900 series to put them on. Sadly, that search has yielded little results.

Happy to move them along to someone that can put them to good use. Based on shipping, and my price to buy them... you may get a great deal on the currency exchange.

EDIT: I also have a complete set of Volans from a '97 850R with tyres - this might help offset shipping to the right buyer who could benefit from two complete sets of rare Volvo wheels

Last edited by kanumark; Oct 27th, 2019 at 16:59. Reason: Added Content
kanumark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kanumark For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 08:49   #16
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

I don't know why people really want Gemini's, they aren't a great looking wheel in my opinion. Maybe its because Polaris wheels are so unobtainable now?
Galaxys look good on a 740...
MiniNinjaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiniNinjaRob For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 11:03   #17
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Each to their own desire, and good luck finding the Geminis.

Each to their own like wot I said. And for myself, many wheels draw attention to themselves.

240 Torslanda and GLT have their specific wheels.

For most rear wheel drive Volvo, Omega are the last word.

EDIT: If one wants statement wheels. Polaris do fit the bill. I see many interweb images show them on 240.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Oct 29th, 2019 at 11:09.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 18:01   #18
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Ocean mk18 are the one for old brick Volvo's no question about it.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote