Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How to disable V70 alarm. Permanently.

Views : 37025

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2009, 11:06   #11
Rossi-fan
Premier Member

Default alarm

Hi, my alarm does the same, and keeps showing 'ALARM TRIGGERED' on the message panel. I lock it with the key now and not the fob.
Rossi-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 18:30   #12
RSF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidicDavey View Post
really! cuz my alarm is a high pitched siren rather than a horn like noise, maybe I have an aftermarket alarm?
Sorry mate,thought they were the same as the 850,would not hurt to try though.
May be you could give some advise rather then attack friendly advice?or even a hint of help rather then a negative post which has helped no one?

Chris rogers seem's to know the answer,sorry I did think they were like the 850 and should of noted that.
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 18:32   #13
RSF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Rogers View Post
The 70 series have the siren the 850 had a horn, the alarm systems are completely different.

Often the 'false tripping' on the V70 is caused by frayed wiring to the tailgate. The rear screen heater and the two side screen wired grids are used as a 'break glass' detector on the 70 series alarm system. The three elements are wired in series.
If you go to the dealer or use the latest version of Vol-FCR the cause of the last alarm can be read from the VGLA unit, this will help diagnosis of the cause.
My post was based on the 850 and sorry for not noting that.
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 21:53   #14
AcidicDavey
Younger Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.stuart View Post
Sorry mate,thought they were the same as the 850,would not hurt to try though.
May be you could give some advise rather then attack friendly advice?or even a hint of help rather then a negative post which has helped no one?

Chris rogers seem's to know the answer,sorry I did think they were like the 850 and should of noted that.
I wasn't attacking your post because I also thought the 850/70-series had the same alarm so when you said that disconnecting one of the 'horn things' behind the grille I got confused as mine makes a siren like noise and therefore it could not be created by it.

Sorry for the confusion.
AcidicDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 20:15   #15
badgerspawn

Default !

A big thank you to everyone on this one. I have another thread on the go regarding the failure of my rear wash wipe and rear heated window which I am convinced is down to frayed tailgate wiring. I bought the car from a dealer and this is being looked at on wednesday (the tailgate wiring) so I could be close to a solution here!
Old May 15th, 2011, 23:48   #16
Halo

Lightbulb

I just had the same issue with my 2000 V70. The alarm started going off - even if the car was locked by key, and even when left unlocked. The quick simple solution, I found, is to open the driver's door and on the side of the dashboard there's a cover which can be removed to reveal a fuse panel. Remove fuse 38 (there is a fuse map on the panel you remove AND a plastic tool to remove the fuse) which is an orange 5 amp fuse for the alarm.

Now to get the wiring sorted out as mentioned above.

Halo

V70 2.4T 2000 (W-Reg, series 2).
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 17:43   #17
duncan.s

Default Alarm V70

New to using the forum and interested in the May 2009 thread about alarm problems.
Have a May 1997 V70 and alarm unit in front wing diagnosed as faulty couple of years ago. Now just use keys to lock, which has been ok.
One of our keys has just started to set off the alarm, only sometimes, when unlocking and the only way to stop the alarm is to use the key fob.
Interested to see suggestion of disconnecting one of the horns - and then Chris_Rogers say that the V70 has a siren and the 850 horns. My V70 alarm definitely uses the horn. Perhaps it was an early model.
The Haynes manual seems to show the horns wired together, but maybe that doesn't relate to my model?
I want to stop the horn blaring out when the alarm activates. Is my car likely to have the 850 system, so is it worth disconnecting a horn? What happens if I just remove the alarm fuse in the main fusebox? Not worried about alarm being off - no-one likely to want a 14 yr old car.
Suggestions welcome. Not v practical but will try most things!
duncan.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 14:01   #18
ray66surf

Default v70 alarm

hi how do i turn my 2000 new shape v70 alarm off or remove so i can fit a better one ?
ray66surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 15:46   #19
Geminiblue17

Default 2004 V70 Alarm Triggered System

I also have this problem and usually when I shut the hutch door. Sometime when I set the alarm the lights will flash and other times I can verily hear the sound. When I don't see my lights flashing then I think it's okay. Later I go out and hear this faint (you need to get right next to it) alarm sound. So I open the hutch (truck back part) and close it again, a little harder & alarm it. Then it's okay. It's just annoying. Shouldn't the alarm be where you can hear it when it goes off, louder? How much would it cost me to have this error message checked out, since the "Check Engine" light is on. I think it's on because the Alarm has been triggered when I unlock my front door and start it. Please help. Thanks.

Geminiblue17
Geminiblue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 12:22   #20
scutyde
Retrofit master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminiblue17 View Post
I also have this problem and usually when I shut the hutch door. Sometime when I set the alarm the lights will flash and other times I can verily hear the sound. When I don't see my lights flashing then I think it's okay. Later I go out and hear this faint (you need to get right next to it) alarm sound. So I open the hutch (truck back part) and close it again, a little harder & alarm it. Then it's okay. It's just annoying. Shouldn't the alarm be where you can hear it when it goes off, louder? How much would it cost me to have this error message checked out, since the "Check Engine" light is on. I think it's on because the Alarm has been triggered when I unlock my front door and start it. Please help. Thanks.

Geminiblue17
The dealer can read off the last Alarm causes and can narrow the problematic.
The Check Engine light has nothing to do with the alarm (assuming you have an S/V/C70 first generation. It means you have a problem in the engine management system.
scutyde is offline   Reply With Quote