Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Picked up my XC60, couple of questions

Views : 800

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 15th, 2018, 19:12   #1
Xcnewbie007

Default Picked up my XC60, couple of questions

Hi

I picked up my XC60 T5 on a Friday and initial impressions are great. However I do have a couple of questions

Sensus / Download Centre
I’ve connected the car to WiFi via my phone and whilst I can listen to Spotify and check the weather, the download centre is empty. My system flashes that there’s updates available however when I go into the download centre there’s nothing to see. Under ‘New Apps’ it’s completely blank. Do I require a dealer visit to update the system?

Side mirrors
Volvo standard spec on my R Design mentions that the side mirrors can automatically drop when reverse gear is engaged. I’ve tried to do this however neither side drop when I press either L or R when in reverse. Am I doing something wrong?

Other than that I’m enjoying my new XC, such a relaxing car to drive.
Xcnewbie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 19:31   #2
Steve0404

To engage the side mirrors when reversing you have to specify this in the settings -my car- mirrors and easy entry-exterior mirror tilt in reverse. You can chose which mirrors you want to tilt when revered is engaged.
I have an XC90 but imagine it’s the same in the XC60
Steve0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 19:37   #3
volvo for ever
Premier Member

apps should be already loaded from garage
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 19:54   #4
Xcnewbie007

Thanks guys. There’s no sub setting in ‘my car’ on the XC.

I’ve got the weather app and Spotify but I assumed I’d be able to download further apps? Plus is keeps stating there’s an update available yet the ‘update’ box is greyed out.

For those streaming music, is the reception / buffering any better using a sim car in the car rather than via my mobile phone.
Xcnewbie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 21:10   #5
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcnewbie007 View Post
Side mirrors
Volvo standard spec on my R Design mentions that the side mirrors can automatically drop when reverse gear is engaged. I’ve tried to do this however neither side drop when I press either L or R when in reverse. Am I doing something wrong?

Other than that I’m enjoying my new XC, such a relaxing car to drive.
See the attached screenshots from the XC60 manual; according to the manual there are two ways of angling the door mirrors while parking in reverse.

Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase and enjoying your car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36DE7CE0-5F0E-4646-8418-2219B5CB883C.jpg (124.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg A64CFB35-BC7A-4807-B807-B3A8550B3A4D.jpg (120.5 KB, 33 views)
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 07:59   #6
cheeseman75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalith16 View Post
See the attached screenshots from the XC60 manual; according to the manual there are two ways of angling the door mirrors while parking in reverse.

Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase and enjoying your car.
I understand that unless you have the seat memory option selection with a Volvo it will not tilt mirrors, I only discovered this when i recently got my V90 R-Design
cheeseman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 09:46   #7
steladamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseman75 View Post
I understand that unless you have the seat memory option selection with a Volvo it will not tilt mirrors, I only discovered this when i recently got my V90 R-Design
+1, one of the annoying little things of Volvo, you get keyless entry folding mirrors etc and then the simplest of the software functions cannot be done cause it is only combined with the memory function of the seats. Similarly I experienced that if you do not have the electrical folding rear seats, you do not have the option for private locking your boot.
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 11:16   #8
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by steladamo View Post
+1, one of the annoying little things of Volvo, you get keyless entry folding mirrors etc and then the simplest of the software functions cannot be done cause it is only combined with the memory function of the seats. Similarly I experienced that if you do not have the electrical folding rear seats, you do not have the option for private locking your boot.
Same with any other brand!
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 11:20   #9
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseman75 View Post
Is this mentioned in the manual ? If it isn’t then it should be at least appended as a note to an asterisk otherwise the manual, the main purpose of which is to guide and shed light, becomes misleading and pointless only leading to more head-scratching!!