Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2004 XC90 D5 Auto - £2400

Views : 654

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 13:32   #1
soupytwister
Master Member

Default 2004 XC90 D5 Auto - £2400

Volvo XC90 D5 Diesel Automatic 7 seater. First registered 23 July 2004. Owned this ourselves for last 6 years. Mechanically sound. 121,000 miles so not high for year. We replaced timing belt at 97,000 miles in 2013. Mot due end Nov 2017.

Good things : drives fine. Engine pulls fine. Gearbox appears fine. Brakes well.
Part service history. Service book present. All electrics work - i.e. both mirrors, all windows, central locking, radio/CD, lights, wipers, rear parking sensors etc. This model does *not* have a electric drivers seat, but probably a good thing as less to go wrong! Also has the rear tinted windows, so looks pretty classy with the dark grey paint, the rear tints, and the chrome trim.

I will be honest about the issues, and price reflects that. Biggest one is a dent in the front drivers wing which was done when squeezed at 1mph against a bollard in Sainsbury's by mistake - my fault. Is cosmetic only, and is not an MoT failure. Rather than claim on insurance, was going to fix it by finding a similar coloured wing from a breaker, but it got lost in post - was £55 incl vat in the same colour. If you want a rugged big family bargain car, you could leave it as it is until find a cheap grey wing rather than new one + respray.

Other issues - there's a few scuffs and scratches and a pimple dent on the paintwork, so is not concours, but not really that bad either. Longer scratch down one side where a key was obviously taken along it a bit. Grr....

There is also an issue with the rear headrest on the very back seat - the headrest is supposed to drop when you drop the seat. Common fault. I now do it manually by inserting a screwdriver just below the headrest to manually activate the "latch" to drop it. The "service due" message is also displayed, purely because my garage didn't reset it last time.

Only 1 key I'm afraid - i bought it like that and didn't see the need to get a 2nd key. Tyres also will need done soon.

Overall, pretty decent car but obviously price reflects that it's not perfect, although what 14 yr old car is.

Car is in Edinburgh, and available now.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 13:33   #2
soupytwister
Master Member

Photos...these were taken last night so show current condition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3738.JPG (341.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3724.JPG (293.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3729.JPG (238.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3730.JPG (282.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3735.JPG (273.9 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by soupytwister; Apr 22nd, 2017 at 13:38.
Old Apr 30th, 2017, 00:05   #3
soupytwister
Master Member

S o l d !