Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"No rear belts used" message

Views : 5114

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 16:14   #11
tt82
Forum Support Team

When having the car serviced/MOT'd, sometimes the mechanics buckle up all the rear seat belts to check them. Had this on the V70 and it came up "All rear belts in use". I don't find it qn inconveinence at all.

Still would like to know if the OP has sussed out if it is because be is opening a rear door?

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 23:03   #12
940Graeme
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Layne View Post
It didn't happen yesterday, I'm happy to report. I don't know what the difference was. I'll keep an eye on the situation. I often have shopping bags in the rear footwells, so thanks for that, that's a good shout.
So it's more like "Unexpected Item in Rear Seating Area........"

(sorry)
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 940Graeme For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 14:12   #13
Arnold Layne

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
When having the car serviced/MOT'd, sometimes the mechanics buckle up all the rear seat belts to check them. Had this on the V70 and it came up "All rear belts in use". I don't find it qn inconveinence at all.

Still would like to know if the OP has sussed out if it is because be is opening a rear door?
Yes, just had mine MOT'd and all the belts in the back seats were buckled, and I had exactly the same message. I unclipped them all, and then had the other message "no rear belts in use", which seemed to be there for days, prompting me to start the thread!

Thankfully it all seems to be normal now. I still have the problem that when it's gloomy out, my RTI screen is very dim (along with my radio/info screen being white on black), until I drive into bright light, when the radio/info screen changes to black on white and the RTI screen brightens to normal. Doesn't help that I live in the North of England, where it's mostly gloomy, especially now it's winter. Very frustrating!

Last edited by Arnold Layne; Jan 4th, 2014 at 14:13. Reason: Getting old!
Arnold Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 14:24   #14
GrantA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Layne View Post
Doesn't help that I live in the North of England, where it's mostly gloomy, especially now it's winter. Very frustrating!
North of England - you're lucky up here in Inverness, unless the sun is actually out and shining, it is gloomy all of the time except for midday(ish). At the moment sunrise is 8:57 am and sunset is 3:47 pm so I seldom see the screens at normal brightness unless I am out driving around midday.
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 22:54   #15
MartinK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantA View Post
North of England - you're lucky up here in Inverness, unless the sun is actually out and shining, it is gloomy all of the time except for midday(ish). At the moment sunrise is 8:57 am and sunset is 3:47 pm.
LOL - I assume you bought yours from Arnold as well? Must have been about the same time as mine, which is an 09 185hp from Inverness... SY09...?
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 23:21   #16
GrantA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
LOL - I assume you bought yours from Arnold as well? Must have been about the same time as mine, which is an 09 185hp from Inverness... SY09...?
Actually bought mine privately down sarf near Sarfhampton in 2012, reg was AG09 but is now on a private plate. After a couple of questions on here about changing the Aux Belt found out from Clan that my VIN corresponds with a '08 MY car not '09 MY yet the car was first registered on 30 June 2009. So the car must have been stuck in the corner of a dealership somewhere for nearly a year. It actually hacks me off a bit now I've found out the car is a year older than I thought but it was sold as an "09 Reg XC70" - which it is and it has reasonably low mileage (just clocked 60k) so it suits me fine - not that I have much choice.

As for Arnold, I have heard some horror stories from former employees of the company, but none that I can repeat in open forum. (I was going to write something then but decided I couldn't afford the libel suit.)
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:11   #17
MartinK

GrantA

Agree with your comments on Arnold. I bought mine new there in April 09. At the 1st service, they damaged the rear bumper - I have never been back. The 2nd service were done by an Edinburgh main dealer, and the 3rd & 4th services done by Ron Sealey (Volvo Independant in Fife). However I do an interim engine oil change (6 months after the service) and also a transmission fluid change (see Articles). Ron's not significantly cheaper, but I like his style, and believe I'm getting a good/better job done. I'm just coming up to 80k miles. Still loving the car. Like you I have now got a personal plate...
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 18:21   #18
GrantA
Master Member

Martin,

I use an Independent in Inverness called Ian Cattanach, nice bloke, used to work for Volvo so he and his mechanic have a vast knowledge of the marque. He was recommended to me by a former Arnold employee and he is every bit as good as his recommendation. His prices are reasonable and he always throws in a courtesy car for the customers use, only problem is he obviously can't update the car's computer but I don't think that is a problem looking at some of the changes that have been reported on this Forum for later models. I have signed up for all the VOSA "recalls" so I'll know if there is anything important that I need to go back to Arnold, the main stealer (sic), for. Like you I love everything about the car, I have even resigned myself to the higher than I would like fuel consumption - there again I am a bit heavy footed!! I barely do 8k a year so don't change the oil in between services - yet.

If you are up in Sneckie at any time send me a PM and we could get together for a coffee and "chew the fat" - and talk about you-know-who.

Grant
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 16:40   #19
MartinK

Sounds good - I may well take you up on that offer

I found his website: http://www.volvoinverness.co.uk/
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 17:52   #20
GrantA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Sounds good - I may well take you up on that offer

I found his website: http://www.volvoinverness.co.uk/
Yep that's him, as I said nice bloke, easy to get on with and IMHO as honest as you'll get in the car trade, he has a good reputation locally and wants to maintain that.