Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Window rubber seal

Views : 430

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 08:11   #1
Gazdkw
Master Member

Default Window rubber seal

I seem be having an issue with the rubber window seal getting dragged into the door card when I open the drivers window. It’s like it catches the glass and then turns onwards into the door card. It slows the window right down. I dare not go more than half way down.

Iv thought about putting some lubrication on the inside rubber seal (bit that touches the window) but then I thought it may just make a mess of the window.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gazdkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 08:53   #2
JGTTDI

I had a similar issue but with the passenger window. I put the window right down then got a small plastic trim tool to scrape all the old dirt and grime off the seal. I then lubricated it with a little WD40 on a cotton bud.

This worked very well and the problem hasn't returned.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jonathan.
JGTTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 08:57   #3
Gazdkw
Master Member

Excellent! Thanks for that’s :-)
Gazdkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:24   #4
Spikeyboy60

I was told to put some silicone grease on the window rubbers to help the windows slide.......I have and it works.....don't go mad and it doesn't make a mess
Spikeyboy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 14:41   #5
oragex
Premier Member

I also trimmed that part that was getting trapped. But you are better to replace it all together with some use one in good condition. These make the window force and break the small plastic slider that keeps the window in place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS2Jc_PuPgM