Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

WANTED: Volvo v70 2.5tdi £1500

Views : 518

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2009, 23:23   #1
AnthonyWebb
Looking for 850 Estate

Default WANTED: Volvo v70 2.5tdi £1500

hey Guys

I am after a Volvo v70 2.5tdi and my budget could stretch to £1500 for the right car. seen a few go for under this so i am keeping my fingers crossed.

i need the space and the MPG. No mechanical problems, but body work does not have to be mint, as i like a project.

Please let me know what you have.

I go to uni in Gloucester and i am around Oxford a lot.

Currently selling this, as i need the space for my Rugby Coaching kit.

~~~Peugeot 306 DT~~~

Thank you in advance!

Anthony

Young, and wanting a Volvo
~~Looking to Buy 850 Estate!~~
AnthonyWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 18:17   #2
AnthonyWebb
Looking for 850 Estate

any one? Foudn this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...id=p2759.l1259 could anyone help me... is this a good idea?

Young, and wanting a Volvo
~~Looking to Buy 850 Estate!~~
AnthonyWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 18:47   #3
capt jack
VOC Member

Cool

Looks OK but already over £1000 and it's done a quarter of a million miles - someone has already had the best of that car, and judging by the state of the rear bumper I'd find it hard to believe that 'never been a work-horse' claim.

My 97 V70 is in far better condition body and interior-wise than the one you've highlighted, has not quite done 200,000 miles, has an LPG conversion which makes the pence per mile fuel cost a bit less than 9p - genuinely equivalent to over 50mpg on petrol or diesel, and yet was twice independently valued recently at between £250 and £500.

There are many other V70 petrol cars, all at well under your budget. I'd be tempted to suggest that you consider a petrol-engined car too as it will be cheaper to buy.

The money you'll save on the purchase price will buy a lot of petrol.

50mpg plus sounds a bit ambitious - middle 40s on a run is probably more realistic, and a 2.5 10v petrol will return middle 30s on a run. Don't write off an S70 either. Same excellent car, huge boot, folding rear seats - and much cheaper to buy.

Keep your wallet in your pocket until you're absolutely certain. There's plenty to choose from!

Cheers

Jack

PS - I'm a bit suspicious - CD spec should include headlamp wash wipe I think.

PPS - Have a look on Autotrader - put in your requirements, and in V70 land you'll be spoilt for choice, with 50-odd cars under your budget to go at. Cheers. Jack.

Last edited by capt jack; Sep 27th, 2009 at 19:05. Reason: Did a quick Autotrader search.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 00:24   #4
Lmason
L Mason

Default check this out 1998 £1350 s70 2.5 turbo northumberland

check this out, its mine; ebay item 220486018316
Lmason is offline   Reply With Quote