Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I've been banned from my Volvo dealership!

Views : 36522

Replies : 222

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:19   #101
Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
Take my local dealership, HROwen on the Edgware Road, very able and committed staff on the shop floor, but their own enthusiasm sometimes stymied by the senior management which comes and goes on a weekly basis as they progress up the greasy poll.
Are you talking about the old Lex Volvo Colindale site on the Edgeware Road?
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 14:43   #102
Bob Bridge
02 S60 2.4T & 88F 740 GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM C View Post
My local Volvo dealer is excellent Barnetts of Dundee and are extremely helpful parts, sercice and sales and consider myself lucky to get that service locally.
Harratts of Sheffield are excellent too very helpful and understanding the service reception guy is Peter and he is an enthusiast for the marque and that shows in the way he deals with people
Bob Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:45   #103
Frostbite
S60 S 2.0T Auto (Sep2003)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetronic63 View Post
Someone should setup a feedback system for dealerships - like they have on Ebay or Tripadvisor.

I few negative feedbacks might puncture the inflated egos of arrogant dealers !

Exactly what I was thinking, we should setup 2 league tables (dealers & independants) so that we can all rate them.

Would Bob have any ideas how this could be done?

Last edited by Frostbite; Nov 6th, 2007 at 11:15.
Frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:52   #104
JIM C
Forum Support Team

The feedback idea is an excellent idea and would give us a chance to make an informed choice.
How can it be done?
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:56   #105
kensquash

Default working clothes

I normally turn up in a suit but I always used to see a variety of flolks at the parts counter but not for a few years.....dealerships are getting more snotty....Funny when Volvo sell on longevity.
kensquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 12:59   #106
Bob
Club Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, we should setup 2 league tables (dealers & independants) so that we can all rate them.

Would Bob have any ideas how this could be done?
I need to think about this and possible implications that may arise. It is so easy for someone to make a malicious allegation, possibly based on one issue. Also, any complaint should be first addressed to the dealer who then has the opportunity to respond.

If someone makes a negative remark about a dealer then it is unlikely the dealer will, or even will be allowed, to respond on this forum. This then becomes a one-sided discussion.

Bob

1995 850 T5 auto estate. 280hp 289K miles and purrrs
2009 Jap import V70 2.5T 200hp 51K miles
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 13:13   #107
JIM C
Forum Support Team

Bob, thats a fair comment. Your right.
Thanks
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 13:16   #108
Frostbite
S60 S 2.0T Auto (Sep2003)

Yes, Bob is right, can anyone suggest a system that would work?
Frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 13:54   #109
Jonathan_angelo
Jono

I just can't believe the attitude of some dealers. Ive worked behind the scenes in 2 dealerships in Norwich (Robinsons Merc and Dingles Toyota) and the staff there would never dream of speaking like that to potential clients - When i bought a brand new Diesel Civic from Holden Honda in Norwich in 2003, the service was pretty bad. I had a problem with the electronic PAS. It would get really heavy when parking and moving at more pedestrian speeds. When i took it in to have it fixed under warranty, the salesbloke told me that there was nothing wrong with it, and sent me on my way. Luckily i had a friend that worked for Honda and told me that actually it was a common fault and that the steering column would need replacing so i took it back and insisted. It had been recalled for the fault however holden "forgot" to let me know about it. It had many recalls, and was fixed no less than 5 times under warranty, which is why im now on my 3rd volvo in as many years!

I never had a problem at my delership, but then trying to get anyones attention in the sales department is like trying to delicatly peel a quales egg on a farm track! Inchcape Volvo's parts dept in Norwich are really good and will always try and help, but with all the problems at Ford, Inchcape are selling Volvo because of the uncertainty!
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 14:29   #110
kjkir
T5's, drool.........

Wink Wow!

I know that some dealers can get snotty, but reading these posts I didn't know how bad some people's experience has been.

All I can say is that my local Volvo Dealer, Rybrook Liverpool have been excellent. The parts guys are brilliant and bend overbackwards to help. On the odd occasion the parts guy has taken me through back of office and gone through some of the finer points of VIDA and offered advice!!!

The other week when I called on a sat morning to pick up a set of springs for the handbrake, the parts guy and a salesman both came out and had a good look over my car and complimented me on it's condition. When they asked how much I paid for it, they couldn't believe how I got the vehicle so cheaply.
Yeah I know that the sales guy may have been angling for his own markup in the long run, but it was good to see such a refreshing response from a main dealer.

And more than often when I've called at the dealer, I've been in an old pair of jeans because I've been working on the car or a little DIY.
kjkir is offline   Reply With Quote