Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 137018

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 20th, 2016, 10:44   #391
Antos

It's going in this Saturday roy 👍
Old Sep 23rd, 2016, 18:12   #392
Choppie

Very happy so far
Old Dec 9th, 2016, 06:37   #393
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Happy again now Stormy has his adaptive cruise working again....parts replaced under warranty....of course makes me a bit nervous about next Sept, when said warranty runs out....must look into extending it....
Old Dec 9th, 2016, 07:41   #394
Anadinolin
VOC Member

I voted happy but minor issues, leaky windscreen and when the rear demister is on the radio signal drops out, it dosent read any ipod or USB sticks, but powers them so something not right there, and next to sort Is dab. I will be very happy once it is all sorted
Old Feb 6th, 2017, 15:31   #395
RichardXC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKH View Post
Nothing is ever perfect but the XC60 is easily the best car I have owned in 35 years driving.
I'll second that and add 1 year to the driving time!

If it weren't for the D4 EGR issue I would regard my XC60 as pretty much perfect actually - even forgiving its thirst for diesel!
Old Feb 6th, 2017, 15:35   #396
RichardXC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anadinolin View Post
I voted happy but minor issues, leaky windscreen and when the rear demister is on the radio signal drops out, it dosent read any ipod or USB sticks, but powers them so something not right there, and next to sort Is dab. I will be very happy once it is all sorted
Now that's ODD!

Mine is exactly the opposite - it reads iPod and USB sticks, but doesn't power them - my iPod is as flat as a pancake after about three hours use in the XC60. (It plays for ever through head phones) Have gotten round the issue by charging it from a USB extension port and playing the music through the AUX lead.

The DAB signal is a bit glitchy, but haven't noticed it being any worse with the rear demister on.
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 14:32   #397
adrianmol
C70 Owner

Unhappy XC60 D4 2015 has some issues

I have owned my XC60 from new SE spec with winter pack. It is a great car, lovely engine, lovely 8 speed auto but I have 3 constant issues.

1. Terrible corrosion to the alloy wheels, I raise this at every service. The wheels have not been kerbed or cleaned with chemicals, I do not drive in a large town or city. Volvo supply a poor quality paint finish allowing corrosion from 6 months onwards.
2. I commute 12 miles each way, the the alternator struggles to keep the battery topped up. I often get a low battery warning. The auto stop start only works for a few weeks in the summer. Parking for 3 weeks at an airport left me stranded and calling the AA for a jump start.
3. My XC60 takes ages to warm up thoroughly, 12 miles never seems to be enough.

I used to own a 740GL which had 275k on it when I sold it and a C70 with 105k Both had a much better standard of finish and warm as toast to drive. I am chasing Volvo about the wheels but they are making it difficult. Would not buy again.
adrianmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 15:13   #398
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianmol View Post
I have owned my XC60 from new SE spec with winter pack. It is a great car, lovely engine, lovely 8 speed auto but I have 3 constant issues.

1. Terrible corrosion to the alloy wheels, I raise this at every service. The wheels have not been kerbed or cleaned with chemicals, I do not drive in a large town or city. Volvo supply a poor quality paint finish allowing corrosion from 6 months onwards.
2. I commute 12 miles each way, the the alternator struggles to keep the battery topped up. I often get a low battery warning. The auto stop start only works for a few weeks in the summer. Parking for 3 weeks at an airport left me stranded and calling the AA for a jump start.

I used to own a 740GL which had 275k on it when I sold it and a C70 with 105k Both had a much better standard of finish and warm as toast to drive. I am chasing Volvo about the wheels but they are making it difficult. Would not buy again.
Did you choose the machined alloys which they do not recommend for winter use?

Roy
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 20:14   #399
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianmol View Post

To build a car today with the quality of components and finish of any big volvo from the 70's to the 90's would cost over £50000 today . Even natural Leather and carpets have gone down in quality somehow !
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 08:56   #400
wassap

Im happier than i was with my old A4 avant at this stage of ownership , im 12k and 6 months in with my R design Lux D4, no issues.

Reading some threads, i expected a low quality gruff unrefined motor, so far its been a pleasure. The only thing i still dislike is the handbrake setup and the pointless gap behind the floaty dahs, anything you put in there just flies out when you turn a corner!

Ive been impressed with the way it handles for a bus,and economy can be good if you take it easy.

Well chuffed all round.
wassap is offline   Reply With Quote