Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 B4 Diesel or B5 Petrol?

Views : 4145

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 6th, 2020, 17:08   #11
senwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
The dealer I was at yesterday said that he wouldn't be able to do the £2400 if the car came in after the 30th. Also, another dealer (on Carwow) also said that the car I has spec'ed up would be factory order and said that the £2400 wouldn't apply.
That's a shame.

I've got it down as Manufacturers contribution on one form but then it is just included in the 'discounts/incentives' total on the order form.

I wasn't sure they'd do it as my XC40 is a lease but they have.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2020, 11:39   #12
m2srt

Driving at 70mph my wife's AWD B4 XC60 can just about break 50mpg. Around town in hilly Yorkshire around 36mpg.

Previously, MY2013 XC60 SE LUX D5 Geartronic.
m2srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2020, 21:41   #13
iwanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
That's a shame.

I've got it down as Manufacturers contribution on one form but then it is just included in the 'discounts/incentives' total on the order form.

I wasn't sure they'd do it as my XC40 is a lease but they have.
Forgot to update this, early to mid Oct I got a call from the dealer saying that Volvo were doing the £2400 loyalty offer for the last quarter, and (after he had a very long call with them) he was able to get them to honer that for my order (despite being placed in the 3rd quarter). As another plus, they were also now offering £3500 towards finance (even 0%) instead of £3000, so in one phone call I was £2900 better off.
iwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iwanders For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 11:35   #14
senwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
Forgot to update this, early to mid Oct I got a call from the dealer saying that Volvo were doing the £2400 loyalty offer for the last quarter, and (after he had a very long call with them) he was able to get them to honer that for my order (despite being placed in the 3rd quarter). As another plus, they were also now offering £3500 towards finance (even 0%) instead of £3000, so in one phone call I was £2900 better off.
Thats a right bonus! Nice one!

I got a call re: the £500 increase, I put it towards the towbar.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 11:50   #15
Quacker
Premier Member

Deleted due to irrelevance considering the OP's posting date and subsequent replies. Sorry.

Last edited by Quacker; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 11:54. Reason: irrelevant post
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 15:37   #16
iwanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Deleted due to irrelevance considering the OP's posting date and subsequent replies. Sorry.
Thanks for your input (before your deleted it), I would have left it, as may have helped someone else.

But anyway, I went for a B5 Petrol in the end, pick it up last week. Only done less then 200 miles so far, but the petrol engine is so smooth and quiet. obviously too early to give any meaningful feedback on MPG, but a 40 mile trip down and back along the A2 gave about 37mpg, while a 16 mile trip on some busy South East London roads gave 25mpg.
iwanders is offline   Reply With Quote