Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Waiting Time

Views : 5020

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2018, 00:21   #1
FK77

Default XC90 Waiting Time

Apologies if this has been discussed before ... I found similar threads for XC40 and XC60 but my search didn’t yield anything specific to XC90.

I ordered a T8 around 20th July and was told at the time that I would get an ETA within 3 weeks. That didn’t happen in the specified timeframe. For the last week or so, I’ve been trying to contact the salesman by email and phone. Left several messages but no response. One of the reasons given by the receptionist was that they were having a VIP event which made everyone even busier.

I am now a little concerned that the salesman appears to be avoiding me. Anyone aware of delays with XC90 build/delivery?

Been over 4 weeks since ordering. While I appreciate that things don’t always go to plan and even if I am given a delivery date, it could slip a little, I feel I should at least have an estimated date by now. Is this normal (I am new to Volvo)?

Although like everyone else I would like my car delivered ASAP, I can wait. However, I need to know what sort of timeframe I’m looking at. Reason is I have (hopefully) sold my current (and only) car and it will be collected on Wednesday. I wanted to sell it at just under 3 years old to avoid buying extended warranty. Also taxing it, renewing tracker subscription etc. etc. would have been an unnecessary expense. Now I need to know how long is the wait for my new car as that would help me decide whether to buy a stopgap car or just hire one.

I’m planning to pay the dealership an unannounced visit tomorrow to get some answers but it would still be useful to know what times others have been quoted.

Thanks in advance.
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 10:15   #2
MaDProFF
Master Member

For love nor money, I do not understand a dealership, (or anyone for that matter) fobbing off and not return calling, or speak to someone else, to solve a Customers problem's or answer questions. Truth is all was ask for.

It is like there is only one person working there, I would have been in there areas ago, and threatening to pull deposit.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 22:25   #3
FK77

Agreed. Doesn’t really take a lot of time and effort to return calls in a timely manner.

Anyway about 15 minutes before I was about to head to the dealership, I got a call from the salesman with an apology and more importantly not-so-great news: looking at January/February for a car ordered in July! This is still not a confirmed ETA and can be further delayed. When I ordered, I was told it could be around October until I get the car. Again, it wasn’t a firm commitment but a rough estimate. However, I really wasn’t expecting it to be that bad. Considering my options now, including going for a slightly used car that is immediately available.
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 00:39   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

PK77

Another option is to make a quick phone call the Marc Tilling as per below who has helped out many members of this forum in your same situation, he has access to U.K. database of Orders placed by dealers that are “stock” orders which are in the pipeline.

Nothing ventured .... .. nothing gained

Main Dealer in Northampton 01604 621363 ask for Marc Tilling
or have any general sales type questions and I'll do my best to help
http://www.bellsmotorgroup.co.uk/volvo/
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 01:00   #5
MaDProFF
Master Member

TBH any dealer should be able to do that.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 11:56   #6
DavieM46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
TBH any dealer should be able to do that.
I had the same issue with Mercedes, ended up pulling my order after 4 months. I then ordered a XC90 T8 Incription Pro, however due to a mix up at the dealer the wrong spec car arrived. The first car took less than 6 weeks from order to arrive. Due to the issues I had to order another XC90 with the right spec, this time the car took 6 months before delivery, I get it next month. The dealer has checked it and confirms that it is the correct spec this time
DavieM46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2018, 11:19   #7
aptones

You're not alone.... I've just joined this forum to see if other people are having issues getting delivery dates!

I ordered my XC90 T8 end of June, still don't have a delivery date. I've been given an estimate of between Oct/Nov....

At least the sales person I bought the car from is replying to my emails.

Last update (mid Aug) was that there's a huge backlog of orders for the T8 (not sure if this is the same engine model as what you've bought). They can't build the cars fast enough to meet the sales demand.

They say I've been allocated a "Build Slot" but can't give any firm dates....
aptones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2018, 13:19   #8
Roosterb

Having to wait 6 or 7 months for a car that's costing so much is crazy. Save yourself a load of cash and buy an ex demo.
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 15:49   #9
aptones

Just received an email.... Mid December..... 5.5 months after order....

Never had to wait so long for a car before in my life!!
aptones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 17:56   #10
pagan8c
Master Member

I ordered my D5 Inscription in July and they gave me a date of the 14/9 ans I picked it up on Saturday 15/9 so I can only think it could be the T8 models that are longer delivery times. Very pleased with mine and I like the colour as well. The paint seems better than the 2017 model I traded in.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote