Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What do wish Volvo would copy from other manufacturers?

Views : 14051

Replies : 155

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 6th, 2020, 14:54   #141
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCarter View Post
I have a 2018 V90 CC Pro and the seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever had in a car. And no matter what I try, Volvo will not look into the issue. They have even chosen to ignore all feedback from my local dealer, because they have fully supported my position.

On the other hand, my wife has a Range Rover Evoque and I could sit in those seats all day long.

Volvo should be ashamed the way they have ignored not just my complaints, but all the other owners who have reported experiencing the same issues.
what do you want them to do ? They can only fix something which is actually wrong and is not to specification ...
Have you explored all the adjustment possibilities including up and down front, and up and down rear ,what exactly are you unhappy about about ? These seats are widely praised for their comfort ..
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 18:11   #142
EssexExile
Master Member

Seats are very personal, you can't please all the people all the time. I have back problems so when I buy a car I spend hours trying all the available seats in all possible positions until I find a setup I can live with. I can't get in a V90 but I'm very impressed with the seats in my XC60, I could sit there for hours.
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 16:42   #143
Giles11

After just over 20k miles and 2 years, my suggestions for the next gen XC90: memory steering wheel, 'favourite' pre-sets instead of scrolling through Sensus each time, functionality for blocking changes to rear ac settings (my 6 year is always fiddling!), easier to understand assigning car keys to individual settings (we've given up). Oh yes the engines are thirsty for 4 cylinders as well as not the smoothest.
Other than the above we love the car and certainly don't understand the complaint about uncomfortable seats - they're among the finest out there. I think the Sensus is the weak link though - way behind say the latest X5 for ergonomics, clarity and features. On the other hand the 90 is still the best in class for looks, even after 5 years on the market.
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 22:16   #144
EssexExile
Master Member

Setting the keys to driver profiles is weird in my experience, you have to persevere. The wife & I eventually got things right but then a software update comes along & changes things again. Sometimes when I unlock the car the seat moves to my position & I can jump in, other times I unlock the car but the seat doesn't move until I open the door & I have to stand there in the rain while it goes through its whole range of movements before settling where I like it.
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 00:12   #145
Gaz2
S80 2.4 Auto

AS EssexExile says, seats are very personal. Despite owning a classy S80, an impressive BMW 5-series and a stupendous Mercedes S-class, the car I most like climbing in to is in fact my humble Toyota Avensis. The seat fits me like a glove and stays comfortable all day long. All the others are never quite right no matter how many times I adjust them hither and thither.
Gaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 05:15   #146
Ringthane
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
Setting the keys to driver profiles is weird in my experience, you have to persevere. The wife & I eventually got things right but then a software update comes along & changes things again. Sometimes when I unlock the car the seat moves to my position & I can jump in, other times I unlock the car but the seat doesn't move until I open the door & I have to stand there in the rain while it goes through its whole range of movements before settling where I like it.
Do you have your profiles locked?

It was a bit hit and miss for me until I set my preferences, saved the profile and locked it.
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 10:56   #147
EssexExile
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
Do you have your profiles locked?

It was a bit hit and miss for me until I set my preferences, saved the profile and locked it.
When we first got the car I opened it with my key, set it up as I wanted, locked the profile then locked the car. Then we opened it with the wife's key, set it up for her, locked the profile then locked the car. When we next went to use it some things were right & some weren't so we gradually changed them all over time, eventually we got it how we like it. Then in went in for its service & came out with the mirrors all over the place!
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 13:00   #148
DocAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
When we first got the car I opened it with my key, set it up as I wanted, locked the profile then locked the car. Then we opened it with the wife's key, set it up for her, locked the profile then locked the car. When we next went to use it some things were right & some weren't so we gradually changed them all over time, eventually we got it how we like it. Then in went in for its service & came out with the mirrors all over the place!
Would presenting the service department with the red key prevent this or are they resetting something fundamental in this scenario?
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 14:11   #149
EssexExile
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocAce View Post
Would presenting the service department with the red key prevent this or are they resetting something fundamental in this scenario?
I don't have a red key.
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 01:28   #150
Whyman
Premier Member

On my last Merc E320 there was a RES button which when pressed when you were stopped ran the heater using the residual heat in the matrix so you did not have to run the engine to keep warm and the windows clear.