Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Does a V50 07 2.0D SE have a dpf or is it only Euro 4 models

Views : 50089

Replies : 106

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 27th, 2011, 21:29   #31
littleandy0410

The great DPF mystery rumbles on then! So, some cars with a 4 as the 8th number do have DPFs, some don't?

I have recently bought a 55 reg S40, which has a 3 as the 8th character. I believe this means no DPF. (Also, the V5 and a mycarcheck search online doesn't state the car as a EURO IV, which I believe is normally stated)

A colleague has a 55 reg V50, which has a 5, and she has been told she has a DPF with the fluid reservoir.

Another colleague has a 56 reg V50, which has a 4. He has been told (or confirmed from the service history, I can't remember) that his has a DPF without the reservoir. Even though his is a newer car than the other V50!

It has left us all a bit confused!
littleandy0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 22:02   #32
Clan
Experienced Member

It's easy
3 = Euro 3 no particle filter or EOLYS
4= Euro 4 no particle filter or EOLYS
5 =Euro 4 With Particle filter and EOLYS

Perhaps the later ones with powershift have the new everlasting Particle filters and No EOLYS still looking into that one !
There are some recent ones with letters now as the emission code
But then I saw a 2010 today with 5 and Particle filter and EOLYS .. Just the same as a 2005 would have ..
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 22:37   #33
littleandy0410

That will interest my friend with the 56 reg V50 then - he was convinced his had one!
littleandy0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 23:00   #34
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

well i have been told by volvo uk my 09 c30 2.0D does and it has a 4 as the 8th char no sign of a doping tank when i have looked though!
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 08:28   #35
Uk Saint

Volvo told me that about the V50 2.0D SE I've just plonked a deposit on. Turns out (after much help from Clan) that it doesn't have a DPF.

Seems as though Volvo don't actually know themselves. Talk about knowing your product!
Uk Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 20:56   #36
SeekingV70

I've been looking for a 'non-DPF' V50 for a while. By that I mean one which doesn't have whichever variety of exhaust system which requires the Eloys top up at 37k and DPF replacement at 75k. I've found that by far the easiest way of making the judgement is to look out for the small fluid tank above the centre of the rear axle. I appreciate it's difficult to look out for something that may not be there but once you've seen one it's easy to spot. Someone posted a pic of the tank on here once - that was very useful.
SeekingV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 21:10   #37
Clan
Experienced Member

Another pointer is the two inlet pipes going into the throttle body on the inlet manifold , straight in front of you in the centre of the front of the engine when you take the engine cover off .
A single pipe indicates no EOLYS or Particle filter .
And it only has EOLYS and Particle filter if the 8th character if the VIN = 5 .

Most of the 2.0 D engines don't have the ELOYS and Particle filter .
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 21:31   #38
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Most of the 2.0 D engines don't have the ELOYS and Particle filter .
If I'd know that when I bought mine I'd have got a newer one and not bothered hunting down a Euro 3 model.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 11:11   #39
Doveaboy

Has anyone on her ever taken the ultimate step and had the dpf removed? If so, who did it please? I know I'd have to tell the insurance company but that should not be a problem. Ta!
Doveaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 11:50   #40
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doveaboy View Post
Has anyone on her ever taken the ultimate step and had the dpf removed? If so, who did it please? I know I'd have to tell the insurance company but that should not be a problem. Ta!
I doubt if the insurance would have much interest, however the Government might as your Road tax group might be higher then , and paying less than the rest of us without particle filters ! There is nothing wrong with particle filters except the fact you have to change those with EOLYS top ups at 75000 miles .