Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 MY18 D5 Powerpluse replacement

Views : 4707

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 27th, 2019, 13:39   #11
AndrewsXC90

Hi, Does any one know how long it takes to fit a new Power Pulse pipe as mine is presently adrift in the engine bay. Also is the pipe and crush clip sold together?
AndrewsXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2019, 14:36   #12
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsXC90 View Post
Hi, Does any one know how long it takes to fit a new Power Pulse pipe as mine is presently adrift in the engine bay. Also is the pipe and crush clip sold together?

Well, at the dealer takes around 30min to be changed. A lot of other parts need to be removed first to have access to the PP hose.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo s60 2001 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2020, 12:34   #13
menduffy

Default ON going Power Pulse issues

deleting this post as I have now find out more info....should have read down the list fully.

Last edited by menduffy; Jan 25th, 2020 at 12:40. Reason: read more info on this now
menduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 11:17   #14
Mavin

Default Power Pulse Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight2017XC90 View Post
Spoke with a service team member and was told its a pipe replacement (although I have checked my VIN and no recall) and doesn't need EPG bracket change as some cars only need pipe replacement.
Just had my third service and 1st MOT on a Jan 2017 XC90 T5 Inscription. Mileage just @ 16k. Fully service. Warranty just expired.

When paying for service I asked if all OK as I have the car collected/delivered back to me (not present at service desk). Answer, all done and OK. A small leak on Power Pulse pipe, not urgent and you prob won't have noticed.

When car returned the Power Pulse Pipe is a red item and replacement quoted at £399.00.

Looking deeper I see quite a few replacements of this as a known issue under warranty and some suggestions that its a recall. Can anyone clarify the situation so I can temper my response to the local dealer.

As I side line I also now see a recall is outstanding on my vehicle (no mention of this from dealer).
Mavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 11:51   #15
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavin View Post
Just had my third service and 1st MOT on a Jan 2017 XC90 T5 Inscription. Mileage just @ 16k. Fully service. Warranty just expired.

When paying for service I asked if all OK as I have the car collected/delivered back to me (not present at service desk). Answer, all done and OK. A small leak on Power Pulse pipe, not urgent and you prob won't have noticed.

When car returned the Power Pulse Pipe is a red item and replacement quoted at £399.00.

Looking deeper I see quite a few replacements of this as a known issue under warranty and some suggestions that its a recall. Can anyone clarify the situation so I can temper my response to the local dealer.

As I side line I also now see a recall is outstanding on my vehicle (no mention of this from dealer).

Hi. At the moment Volvo is replacing the PP hose free of charge for cars up to 4 years old. Tell the dealer to check their service bulletin regarding the PP hose and they should confirm it.
Apparently the latest PP hose is upgraded and everyone is hoping it will not causing anymore problems.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo s60 2001 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 12:46   #16
Mavin

Smile Thanks for letting me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 View Post
Hi. At the moment Volvo is replacing the PP hose free of charge for cars up to 4 years old. Tell the dealer to check their service bulletin regarding the PP hose and they should confirm it.
Apparently the latest PP hose is upgraded and everyone is hoping it will not causing anymore problems.
Great. Thank you
Mavin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mavin For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 20:33   #17
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavin View Post
Just had my third service and 1st MOT on a Jan 2017 XC90 T5 Inscription.

When paying for service I asked if all OK. Answer, all done and OK. A small leak on Power Pulse pipe, not urgent and you prob won't have noticed.

I thought only the D5 engine had PowerPulse?
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 13:13   #18
TheDufster

Are there any symptoms with having the faulty pipe?

The reason I ask is because when my car was about 1yr old in August 2018, I had problems with the car which felt like the performance was being held back, but it was intermittent (but very noticeable). At the time it took 4 visits into the garage for them to finally work out what was causing the problem - I can't remember now exactly what the issue was, but it was something to do with a valve in the PP system.

Just wondered if my PP pipe has maybe already been replaced?

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerpulse, sensus connect, xc90