Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V90 Trailer module

Views : 4911

Replies : 39

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2019, 13:15   #1
Beavis
Premier Member

Default Volvo V90 Trailer module

Hi all,
about to take delivery of a new V90.
i've just purchased a brand new fixed volvo towbar which includes the bosal towbar, hook and wiring harness from the 13pin plug back to the trailer module. purchased it from a dealer who needed to clear it at an absolute bargain price.

the only thing which is missing is the trailer/towing module which then connects to the vehicle electrics.

does anyone have the part number for this module as i am struggling to find it online?

if i am unable to get it, i'll need to get one of the westfalia style vehicle specific wiring harness, which will only cost around £150, so not the end of the world, but if i can get the volvo box it'll make things a bit easier.

ps - the brand new volvo branded fixed towbar was only £50, so hence why its still a bargain even if i need to shell out a bit more.

(i want the fixed one as i my last brand new car was hit when parked in the rear 2 weeks into ownership - i had removed the previous towbar - if i had left it in place, the car would not have needed a rear boot lid and bumper - since then i have left the towbar fitted.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 13:20   #2
Whiterdesign
Master Member

I think that if you do get the Volvo module you will also need to get your dealer to connect it to Vida so that will be extra cost as well.
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 13:41   #3
Beavis
Premier Member

think i have narrowed it down to

31454600 or 31454602.

i think the module for a folding one is 31454602.

If anyone on here has a fixed v90 towbar supplied by volvo, if its not too much trouble could you check to see if there is a part number on your module which is hidden behind the right boot panel. looks like this https://www.bildelsbasen.se/?link=it...st_id=40815256

i'd be most appreciated.
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 14:18   #4
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
I think that if you do get the Volvo module you will also need to get your dealer to connect it to Vida so that will be extra cost as well.
thanks for the reminder. i've have this planned for a few weeks down the road if i can locate the trailer module.
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 15:13   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
Hi all,
about to take delivery of a new V90.
i've just purchased a brand new fixed volvo towbar which includes the bosal towbar, hook and wiring harness from the 13pin plug back to the trailer module. purchased it from a dealer who needed to clear it at an absolute bargain price.

the only thing which is missing is the trailer/towing module which then connects to the vehicle electrics.

does anyone have the part number for this module as i am struggling to find it online?

if i am unable to get it, i'll need to get one of the westfalia style vehicle specific wiring harness, which will only cost around £150, so not the end of the world, but if i can get the volvo box it'll make things a bit easier.

ps - the brand new volvo branded fixed towbar was only £50, so hence why its still a bargain even if i need to shell out a bit more.

(i want the fixed one as i my last brand new car was hit when parked in the rear 2 weeks into ownership - i had removed the previous towbar - if i had left it in place, the car would not have needed a rear boot lid and bumper - since then i have left the towbar fitted.

I would not ever fit any external electronic device to this car ,
£150 is very expensive for such a thing ..

By the way , Volvo do not do a fixed towbar for the V90 ....

Here are the volvo towing parts ,

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-515998/2020
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 15:33   #6
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I would not ever fit any external electronic device to this car ,
£150 is very expensive for such a thing ..

By the way , Volvo do not do a fixed towbar for the V90 ....

Here are the volvo towing parts ,

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-515998/2020
thank you for the reply. this is the fixed towbar i have purchased - https://accessories.volvocars.com/In...20(17-)%202020 - its the same part number for both the 18/19/20 MY models.
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 16:30   #7
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
thank you for the reply. this is the fixed towbar i have purchased - https://accessories.volvocars.com/In...20(17-)%202020 - its the same part number for both the 18/19/20 MY models.
i forgot add, i purchased the fixed towbar above from a UK Volvo dealer, but it didn't include the "module I" in the instructions.
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 16:33   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
That's certainly instructions for a fixed one , however volvo UK do not list a fixed one .
No wonder it was £50 . probably a foreign market one .
I would check the legality of this as all towbars in UK have to be approved and certified . for example the tow bars supplied for UK have a full length big hard foam piece supplied with them which goes between bumper and towbar ..

Here is the current UK accessory catalogue ...

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...19#section_tow
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 17:38   #9
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
That's certainly instructions for a fixed one , however volvo UK do not list a fixed one .
No wonder it was £50 . probably a foreign market one .
I would check the legality of this as all towbars in UK have to be approved and certified . for example the tow bars supplied for UK have a full length big hard foam piece supplied with them which goes between bumper and towbar ..

Here is the current UK accessory catalogue ...

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...19#section_tow

thank you clan. appreciate the reply. i've checked the contents and the foam pads look identical to the folding towbar arrangements. the box even included the EU sheet confirming conformity and 110kg weight limit. wonder if they don't actively market it because the demand is so low for a fixed one? i've seen it listed on a couple of EU accessory websites.

Last edited by Beavis; Aug 1st, 2019 at 17:52.
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 18:42   #10
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Are you sure its a V90 towbar, I can only find a fixed towbar for the XC90, may fit though.
https://www.volvopartshop.com/towbar...16-19352-p.asp
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote