Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Updating RTI

Views : 1464

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 10th, 2014, 15:47   #1
Gattous

Default Updating RTI

Hi everyone.
I have a 2009 Volvo V70 (2.0d) that came with an original set of 4 DVD's (MMM2). I’ve recently bought a second-hand original set of the MMM2 DVD's from year 2011. I've read about updating the maps and software but I have no idea what to do and what to expect.
I have removed the old DVD from the DVD reader under the luggage bay and inserted the 1st DVD from the newer set but the RTI system started using the newer DVD and displayed no update messages at all.
Question:
* stupid question, but during the updating process do I need to insert the DVD in the DVD player under the luggage bay or the one in the center console?
* Will the RTI screen show any kind of message and start updating automatically?

Many thanks for the replies.
Gattous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 16:09   #2
Rossco01

I can't tell you about what you see when updating as I've not tried this BUT the map DVDs definitely go in the luggage area DVD on this age car. The front unit is just for CDs.

I'm not sure you'll see anything in terms of updating because unlike the later SENSUS system the RTI MMM2 system only uses the DVD. On the later system the DVD gets loaded to a harddisk (hence why I think there is an updating bit).

Somewhere on the Nav menu system is I believe an "about" screen which should allow you to see whether you've got the latest DVD loaded.
Rossco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco01 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 16:23   #3
I-S
Premier Member

On our 2011 (60reg) car, when I put the 2014 disc in (under the boot floor) it popped up a message about updating, and took 10-15 minutes to update the system firmware.

We were then lent a 2012 disc for europe for our holiday, which worked seamlessly - it did not take as long as the firmware was already up to date.

If there's no firmware update on the disc then it will just work right away.
I-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I-S For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 16:30   #4
richardt1994

I have a 2009 V70 with the MMM2 RTI system and Sat Nav DVD under the boot on the LHS. When I inserted DVD "A" from the 2013 disk set and then powered on the RTI it came up with a message about a system software update, asked me to confirm this and warned that the RTI system may reboot a number of times. When I selected "OK" it took about 20 minutes to complete the update, there was a progress bar on the screen and at the end the RTI screen went blank and retracted. I then restarted the RTI system and all was back up and running with the new maps etc.

What exactly the system software update did update, I am not sure but whatever it was, it all worked.
richardt1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardt1994 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 22:24   #5
rogerb
Lets take it to bits

As above I , I updated a friends car the other day from 2009 version to 2012 version map and it tock around 15 min and had a green bar going across the screen.

I ejected the old disc put in the new one ,locked the player with the slide switch.
Then turned on the RTI and it asked for if I wanted to up date ferm ware , and then got on with it.
One point have the engine running or you may get low battery warnings, witch may cause problems.
You can check version of map and software version ,in "about" under "system settings" , or that is were I think I found it.
As said earlier if your car has the same as on the disc or later then it will just work as normal.

Roger.
rogerb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogerb For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 13th, 2014, 16:03   #6
Gattous

Thank you all for your kind input.
Gattous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2014, 15:38   #7
nkclair

how do you all get the updated CD's form, from update from 2013 etc, how much were there. Mine is 2009 it's s**t Sat Nav.
nkclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2014, 09:37   #8
richardt1994

Have a look on gpsunderground.com.
richardt1994 is offline   Reply With Quote