Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delayed

Views : 19480

Replies : 178

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2010, 21:10   #171
Daleman
Master Member

Hopefully Teejay has got his car today?
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 22:25   #172
r-designbob
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post

Ha, probably still cruising around in it.lol
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 23:04   #173
nikolaxc60

Default So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you.....

Hi folks,

My first posting here, though have been watching with interest for many months.

I ordered an R-Design D3 back in May as a company car through our leasing company and have been more than a little frustrated with the delivery delays. I'd been trying to order since March but couldn't get a price due to the model change!

Anyhow, I got an update a few days ago to say the delivery date had been pushed back from late September to mid October. In the email, it also mentioned that the Order Stage was "Awaiting Production Date".

To my mind, a delivery in 5 weeks for a car not yet scheduled for production seems a bit over optimistic. Anyone able to shed any light on this?
nikolaxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 00:04   #174
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
Yes he has .
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 00:07   #175
Teejay1
Master Member

Default Eventually collected at around 9.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-designbob View Post
Ha, probably still cruising around in it.lol
Not quite, finished hammering it at about 20,00. Couldn't post last night since the B&B didn't have Wifi. I have lots of images and some videos just need to sift through them and decide which ones I can share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020454_resize.jpg (152.5 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Teejay1; Sep 13th, 2010 at 00:20. Reason: Found one I could share now
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teejay1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 07:59   #176
XC60KEV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaxc60 View Post
Hi folks,

My first posting here, though have been watching with interest for many months.

I ordered an R-Design D3 back in May as a company car through our leasing company and have been more than a little frustrated with the delivery delays. I'd been trying to order since March but couldn't get a price due to the model change!

Anyhow, I got an update a few days ago to say the delivery date had been pushed back from late September to mid October. In the email, it also mentioned that the Order Stage was "Awaiting Production Date".

To my mind, a delivery in 5 weeks for a car not yet scheduled for production seems a bit over optimistic. Anyone able to shed any light on this?
A lot would depend on the leasing company's relationship with the dealer. They may have a build slot for another car which is no longer purchased. Below is the schedule for my car. From the date the build started to being complete is only 10 days so you might be lucky. I think this info is accurate as I know the car arrives at the dealers tomorrow.

Ordered With Factory (11/06/2010 16:22:46)

Build in Progress (27/08/2010 09:44:11)

Build Complete - Awaiting Ship/Transit (06/09/2010 09:29:55)

If you have a build slot soon then 5 weeks might not be that optimistic.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 08:30   #177
Ransman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaxc60 View Post
In the email, it also mentioned that the Order Stage was "Awaiting Production Date". To my mind, a delivery in 5 weeks for a car not yet scheduled for production seems a bit over optimistic. Anyone able to shed any light on this?
I tapped into an order the dealer already had in place and I was able to amend the order to suit the spec I wanted. I could change things up until the 12th August and I collect it later this morning. On the basis of that, five weeks should be plenty of time.
Ransman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 20:47   #178
jerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransman View Post
I tapped into an order the dealer already had in place and I was able to amend the order to suit the spec I wanted. I could change things up until the 12th August and I collect it later this morning. On the basis of that, five weeks should be plenty of time.

Can you share a link to web page where you can check order status?

jerr
jerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 21:05   #179
Ransman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerr View Post
Can you share a link to web page where you can check order status?

jerr
Sorry, don't have one - always went through the dealer. Sounds a good idea though.
Ransman is offline   Reply With Quote