Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70: potential new buyer

Views : 398

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2024, 12:22   #1
volvoish

Default C70: potential new buyer

First, thanks to you all for your knowledge I've been browsing for some time!

I've finally got to the position to buy a 2011 C70 D4 SE Lux (topped up to mostly solstice spec). Pretty good condition, £10k, 45k miles. Possibly a mid life crisis, but have wanted one for about 10 years!

It's a fair amount more than I wanted to spend (was looking at £6-9k), but mechanically fine, roof works, as does the load assist button. Not my deal colour combo or MY, but I'm sick of waiting around for perfection after i missed a couple last year.

Any thoughts, suggestions, future ideas welcome. Photos of i make through to purchase will follow .
volvoish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 20:06   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

join the volvo c70 m2 owners group on facebook there are cars coming up for sale most weeks.. long term owner have lots of experience and can furnish you with any info you may need about these cars
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 02:10   #3
Baxlin
Old Rocker

Ex c70 owner here. Seems a bit dear to me, have you checked the likes of Parker’s guide, or done a Car Vertical check?
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 17:55   #4
volvoish

QUOTE=Simmy;2944544]join the volvo c70 m2 owners group on facebook there are cars coming up for sale most weeks.. long term owner have lots of experience and can furnish you with any info you may need about these cars[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I'm not on Facebook l, but may need to make an exception! May tap you for information if that's ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxlin View Post
Ex c70 owner here. Seems a bit dear to me, have you checked the likes of Parker’s guide, or done a Car Vertical check?
Thanks Baxlin. Yes, was certainly at the very top end of what I wanted to spend. It's a Volvo dealer selling 6m warranty. Mechanically, it was all fine. Alloys refurbished. Body is a little disappointing - most panels have at least a small scuff, a couple of deeper (but small scratches). One of light cracked. Bit of rust of a part of the engine l, maybe a wire brush job.6Interior not valeted, but generally ok - no tears on the bolsters or massive dents on the waterfall aluminium. Missing sat nav remote and keyless starter. Has a spacesaver and wind deflector.

Belt done 5 years /7k miles ago. Roof and yellow load assist button working. Some issues with park assist randomly going off, but should be fixed. I'd expect may more £8.5k. Thoughts? Not the colour combo i wanted (would prefer anything that isn't black and also a calcite interior), and would prefer a 2012 or 2013. Still very tempted.
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 19:31   #5
Simmy
Premier Member

there are plenty cars out there. join the group and ask whats out there for sale .2013 was the last year of production of c70s. view as many as you can you will know when the right car comes up..any thing at a dealers will have a price mark up it better to find a private sale where you can ask to see proof of maintenance a mot history check can speak volumes of how the car has been treated and also show the progression of the mileage
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 18:14   #6
volvoish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
there are plenty cars out there. join the group and ask whats out there for sale .2013 was the last year of production of c70s. view as many as you can you will know when the right car comes up..any thing at a dealers will have a price mark up it better to find a private sale where you can ask to see proof of maintenance a mot history check can speak volumes of how the car has been treated and also show the progression of the mileage

Thanks for the advice, may be going down this route as my employer (who was looking at a salary sacrifice loan) has said the car is to far above market value and not the condition they expect. Bit gutted, test drive was nice but the difference in valuation is a worry!

Saw a beautiful bronze (+contrast roof, not sure how i feel about it) last year, and also a lovely magic blue beauty last year - both in calcite and solstice spec.

Let the hunt continue
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 19:52   #7
T5Terry

Post Finding a C70

It took me a long time to find ours so be prepared for a long wait if you want specific colour combinations. Good ones are out there but don't come up very often. We finally found a 1 owner car with a very full service history and excellent MOT history.

The car had clearly been loved by its previous owner and he had spared no expense to maintain it. It is a T5 in the perfect colour combination so the wife loved it as soon as she saw it. It certainly wasn't cheap but given all its history and condition we decided that it was worth paying for.

I have not seen one since that is as good so I'm happy. More importantly, the wife is happy and that is worth far more.
T5Terry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c70