Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Can someone tell me what THIS plug is for ?

Views : 1402

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 18:25   #1
turbot5

Default Can someone tell me what THIS plug is for ?

Good afternoon:

I've recently purchased a 2005 Volvo S40 T5 and am going through the "drama" of trying to find an aux-in solution (yes, i know...Denison, FM modulator, blah blah....)

My question is, does anyone know what THIS plug is for on the amplifier in the Premium Sound Systems ?

turbot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 19:26   #2
Daim
Brit in Germany

I THINK(!) it is for the sub you could get in the S40 and V50.

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 21:14   #3
turbot5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daim View Post
I THINK(!) it is for the sub you could get in the S40 and V50.
Dang It! LOL...

I was hoping it was some "unknown" way to get an AUX-IN, or even a cell phone connector that I could fake an AUX IN with....

I've seen AUX IN connections soldered to capacitors C625 and C626 in the BASIC amp: Anyone know if soldering to the same caps in the PREMIUM amp will do the same thing?
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 00:34   #4
Guru
Premier Member

Hi turbot5,

those are pics I took of my amp, and I have the basic audio system, don't know whether the amp from a premium audio system would look the same or not.

Soldering to capacitors works only with the basic audio system - sometimes that is.

The easiest way to get an AUX-IN is to install a Parrot MKi9200 <-- Google, it would cost around £200 with all the cables and extensions needed, but you'll get aux, usb and iPod connectors too + bluetooth of course since it's a bluetooth kit that's capable of streaming audio to the car speakers.

There are many threads on this forum about this particular kit and how to install it into a premium audio system.

Where did you get those pics from?
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 00:39   #5
turbot5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Hi turbot5,

those are pics I took of my amp, and I have the basic audio system, don't know whether the amp from a premium audio system would look the same or not.

Soldering to capacitors works only with the basic audio system - sometimes that is.

The easiest way to get an AUX-IN is to install a Parrot MKi9200 <-- Google, it would cost around £200 with all the cables and extensions needed, but you'll get aux, usb and iPod connectors too + bluetooth of course since it's a bluetooth kit that's capable of streaming audio to the car speakers.

There are many threads on this forum about this particular kit and how to install it into a premium audio system.

Where did you get those pics from?
LMAO! Yes I guess those are your pics, however my amp in the premium system looks identical externally.

I'll look into the Parrot system; Thanks!!
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:30   #6
Guru
Premier Member

This link should help you out> http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=93374

See Jonnieb2009 posts in that thread, the fun starts at page #3
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 18:08   #7
kane

I have wired an aux into my preamp on the amp which is in the boot (premium sound with 6 disc cd). I wrote a detailed write up on here showing the board and where to test and solder. Bits cost me a tenner or so and it took an hour or two to complete. With the exception of not having the wheel controls it is the best method of connecting aux.
kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 00:55   #8
turbot5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I have wired an aux into my preamp on the amp which is in the boot (premium sound with 6 disc cd). I wrote a detailed write up on here showing the board and where to test and solder. Bits cost me a tenner or so and it took an hour or two to complete. With the exception of not having the wheel controls it is the best method of connecting aux.
Could you please detail how you did this? Pics? Wiring Diagrams?
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 18:07   #9
kane

Boom!:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=142164
kane is offline   Reply With Quote