Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

40 Series recalls

Views : 86048

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2012, 12:44   #21
morrismen

Hi all. Here is a great source of recall info (V40 has six): http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/re...olvo&makeId=E9
You need to know your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) to see which applies. Hope this helps.
morrismen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 15:38   #22
v40alex
I do like a V40

I just tried following the link above but it has changed, you can now find the recall info at
http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/re...=E9&lowIndex=0

My V40 last saw a main dealer in 2005 so I'm fairly sure anything would have been done if needed. Does anybody contact Volvo to register second hand cars? I've seen the change of ownership form in the handbook but never filled one in.
v40alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 14:38   #23
bigboz
Master Member

Cars can be sensative to tyres

Last edited by bigboz; Nov 12th, 2013 at 14:39. Reason: wrong info in post
bigboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2015, 21:31   #24
gsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by v40alex View Post
I just tried following the link above but it has changed, you can now find the recall info at
http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/re...=E9&lowIndex=0

My V40 last saw a main dealer in 2005 so I'm fairly sure anything would have been done if needed. Does anybody contact Volvo to register second hand cars? I've seen the change of ownership form in the handbook but never filled one in.
Thank you for the link v40alex
gsd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gsd For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 19th, 2016, 12:44   #25
FastBricks
Volvo invented seatbelts

Hello I am the second owner of my Volvo and it is a 2003 petrol 2.0 sport V40 which would fall into that category of racalls. I notice fuel smell in the boot area and occasionally there is some wet/ condensation under the rear seat where the fuel tank and pump sits.

I am nowhere near the original dealer so do you know if my local Volvo dealer has an obligation to take this in and would it be free for me as a second hand owner since 2012?
FastBricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2016, 19:01   #26
FastBricks
Volvo invented seatbelts

I spoke to a local dealer who said mine was done when services according to a national recall database. Never heard of such database but i don't think the would lie about it so I'm happy. Thanks for posting this.
FastBricks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FastBricks For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 13:57   #27
Euxhen

Smile Upgrading my phase 1 ‘96 S40 to a phase 2 one

Hello Volvo Community

I am new here and i dont know how really this site works for now.
I have two Volvos for the moment : ‘96 2.0i S40 / ‘03 2.5T XC90
My father has bought S40 since 2002 and its been at our family since then, but like every 20s boys i want to make our S40 more beauty and stylish.
I want to upgrade it to a phase 2 model in interior and exterior.
What should i look for, because i’ve seen in many groups that are some problems expecially in exterior things.

I would be very greatful for your advices !
Ps: Sorry if i’ve made any mistake in writting english 😂
Euxhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2023, 15:34   #28
Ashash

Default S40 recall

Just seen this message (12/4/23!) I never received any contact from Volvo! Haven’t seen any recall notices when I have entered it’s details in the gov page for MOT details etc & when I checked on a Volvo site. What’s the exact details of the recall? Can I still take my Volvo into a dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
All S40 and V40 series cars that are Model Year 2003/4 are being recalled. This only affects the petrol engine versions, as there is a *possible* fuel leak issue. Owners are being contacted by thier Volvo dealers to have the cars checked. If you have not yet been informed then contact your dealer.

Note: There is no safety issue with this.

Bob Isaac
Forum Admin
robert.isaac@volvoclub.org.uk
Ashash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2023, 15:42   #29
Ashash

A I though I bought it in March / April 2004, so assume Volvo would have known about this issue and checked it?
Ashash is offline   Reply With Quote