Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 lack of response to accelerator

Views : 38679

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2017, 02:15   #71
RKUrquhart

Unhappy Mystery

Volvo looked at the car and found no fault at all: no current faukts to the system and no historic faults listed in the ECU. Since the incident the car has behaved itself impeccably.... so its little limping episode was and remains a complete mystery
RKUrquhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2017, 21:59   #72
Maizetina

Happen to me aswell,told them what it was but they still had to run a test on it,I had the fault code on my own code reader part was £83.00 then they had to regenerate it
Total £405.00
Maizetina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2017, 11:17   #73
hanspetterk

The same happened to my 2010 163HP diesel after Polestar optimisation. Started as described earlier in the thread, once in a while and afterwards more often and more often.
First the dealer replaced the rear temp.sensor in the catalysator which showed approx 1000 degr.
One week later the symptoms came back. This time the front sensor in the catalysator showed unstable values and it was replaced.
Now the car seems fine. My mechanic told me that it was not unusual to replace both sensors more or less at the same time.
I paid in total 3.800 NOK for the sensors + 1.200 NOK for the work at my local Volvo dealer in Norway
hanspetterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:22   #74
RostaT

Default S60 D3 2012 temperature sensors

Hello to all members!
Im facing similar issue right now.
My symptoms are noticable just sometimes and only on highway. After cruising at constant speed, when I want to accelerate, I have minimal throttle response. After 15-20 seconds car starts accelerating like usual and everything is okay. No "check engine'" light, no hesitation during accelerating in lower speed. No need to switch off the engine.

Volvo dealer's diagnostic tool showed Exhaust temperature sensor 1, exhaust temperature sensor 2 (before and after DPF) and also O2 sensor. For temperature sensors signal it shows some general malfunction like for example P054400 and for O2 sensor it show "Low frequency".

Dealer's guys told me, O2 sensor malfunction is probably caused by temperature sensors failure.

Did you guys experienced failure of both temperature sensors at the same time? Is it common?

Thanks!!!
RostaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 10:31   #75
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostaT View Post
Hello to all members!
Im facing similar issue right now.
My symptoms are noticable just sometimes and only on highway. After cruising at constant speed, when I want to accelerate, I have minimal throttle response. After 15-20 seconds car starts accelerating like usual and everything is okay. No "check engine'" light, no hesitation during accelerating in lower speed. No need to switch off the engine.

Volvo dealer's diagnostic tool showed Exhaust temperature sensor 1, exhaust temperature sensor 2 (before and after DPF) and also O2 sensor. For temperature sensors signal it shows some general malfunction like for example P054400 and for O2 sensor it show "Low frequency".

Dealer's guys told me, O2 sensor malfunction is probably caused by temperature sensors failure.

Did you guys experienced failure of both temperature sensors at the same time? Is it common?

Thanks!!!
The only component likely to be at fault is the lower Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor (2), They were prone to fail , Never known a lambda sensor fail .. It is pretty easy to check the temperature sensors for the correct reading , when they fail they fail they are not intermittent .
Old May 20th, 2019, 11:21   #76
RostaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The only component likely to be at fault is the lower Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor (2), They were prone to fail , Never known a lambda sensor fail .. It is pretty easy to check the temperature sensors for the correct reading , when they fail they fail they are not intermittent .
Thank you for reply!
If I remember right, for both sensors there were "intermittent" status. Dealer's guys will perform DPF regeneration via diagnostic tool, to find out what's wrong. I hope they will be successful with it.
Old May 31st, 2019, 12:56   #77
RostaT

I forgot to update status. Here is the solution.
My problem was caused by faulty O2 sensor. Dealer check both temperature sensors, ran service DPF regeneration, calibration and everything was OK except O2 sensor, there was too low signal from it.
After replacement car is running as before even with lower consumption (apprx. 1l/100km decrease).

Note:
I asked them about reliability of O2 sensors, the answer was they usually replace 1 O2 sensor per year. I was first this year. :-D
Im glad my DPF is in good condition and I would like to do my best to preserve it so my next question was about fuel additives. They strictly don't recommend to use any fuel/oil additives. DPF structure is developed for given & supposed composition of exhaust gas. If you will use additives, the composition of exhaust gas will be different and it will be trapped in DPF.
I believe, there will be discussion about this forever, but for me this make sense.
Good day to everyone!
Old Jun 26th, 2020, 08:55   #78
Davidasherson

Default XC60 D5 hesitation at low revs

I have a 2014 XC60 D5 Geartronic that has done 90000kms. It has been serviced by the agents as recommended. I have just noticed a slight hesitation at low revs and wondered if this could be a dirty EGR valve. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Davidasherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2020, 09:21   #79
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

If the DPF or Catalyst temperature sensor fails, the D5 seems to go into a not well documented limp mode with restricted power, won’t rev above about 2,800 rpm but no warning lights or dash messages.

This is one of many situations where VIDA will tell you exactly what the problem is - some generic readers will send you on a wild goose chase.

FYI the sensors are the same but one has a straight neck the other is cranked. They often fail intermittently.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 01:39   #80
DenisHatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Russ View Post
Same problem local garage diagnosed fault code 42D00H / 273664 undocumented code so visit to main dealers Monday. Another diagnosis ( at 3 times the price of local garage ) should explain which sensor is the problem one 😣 ! So annoyed
What was the issue with this code?
DenisHatic is offline   Reply With Quote