Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1994 940 Wentworth for reluctant sale

Views : 746

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2018, 14:47   #1
nomoreVW

Default 1994 940 Wentworth for reluctant sale

As per title, due to imminent early retirement due to ongoing back problems, saddly my beloved 940 has to go as we are "downsizing" our motoring needs. I'm unable to give it the care, love and attention she deserves and I want her to go to a good home.
Here we go:
1994 Volvo 940 Wentworth 2 litre HPT estate, 191,740 miles, just had oil and filter @ 190k miles. New complete exhaust system Oct '16 and new Michelin tyres at same time with 5 to 6 mm tread all round. MoT till end Oct '18.
Bodywork - rust on top of rear passenger doors - still watertight, very dry inside! Tailgate showing a couple of bubbles, bonnet needs repainting.
Engine - very good, pulls like a train, turbo fine as far as I can tell, g/box 4 speed plus o/drive and torque converter lockup engages at 62 mph, probably needs a fluid and filter change. Long runs achieve 35 mpg, daily use sees about 30 mpg (not a fast or hard driver, it's had a genteel time with me). Breather system causing smoke on idle, this disappears when driving. She leaks oil from rear crankshaft oil seal (I'm told).
Electrics - fuel gauge bulb gone, A/C pulley clutch not engaging ( re-gas Oct '16), passenger seat heater not heating. Engine electric cooling fan not engaging, I fitted a bypass switch on the dash which does the job.
Just 3 weeks ago the drivers door lock suddenly went out of action, I'm guessing something has gone adrift between the lock and the mechanism, central locking works via the button on drivers door.
Interior - drivers sun visor swivel mechanism broke a year back, at £82 plus vat for a complete visor, I wear sunglasses! Doorcards are showing the usual wrinkles on top. Dark (?) grey leather seats in reasonable condition for the age of the car, please don't ask me to post photos on here as I'm not tech literate in any way. I think I can post photos via an email attachment, I will try and do this for anyone interested.
OK, I think that covers it. I would like to emphasise that the car is perfectly driveable and I want her to go to a deserving home where she can be restored to her customary grandeur. I don't want her scrapped by some scrote, sorry if that sounds rude or unreasonable, it's not intended. I am open to reasonable, sensible offers and I hope that from this description, people can see that this is an honest car, good and bad honestly laid out.
Buyer collects as I haven't yet SORN'ed her so technically she's still taxed until the end of the month. Oh seven five seven six oh eight six one one four ( does writing out the number really defeat the 'bots, I'd be interested to know).
Right, just seen another ad where someone has remarked that they don't like ads without a price or pictures..... ok I'm looking to get about £550 ish negotiable and I repeat I am not tech savvy so don't suggset any photo sharing sites to host piccies on 'cos unless you're prepared to call the number in the ad and lead me button press by button press through the process, it ain't happening. I'm autistic, that's why. Thank you.

Last edited by nomoreVW; Aug 20th, 2018 at 16:42.
nomoreVW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nomoreVW For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2018, 13:49   #2
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Hi There, I have just bought an almost identical model to yours off ebay, mine is an automatic and that's the only difference i can see.But if i was going to offer mine for sale i could just use your description with just a couple of alterations,Its sad that you are selling because as you say the are brilliant cars and drive fantastic, I hope your one finds a good home as it certainly deserves one, it will be a fantastic car for someone but not the scrap one that's for sure.
Good luck with the sale, Tommy.
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2018, 13:51   #3
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmeringo View Post
Hi There, I have just bought an almost identical model to yours off ebay, mine is an automatic and that's the only difference i can see.But if i was going to offer mine for sale i could just use your description with just a couple of alterations,Its sad that you are selling because as you say the are brilliant cars and drive fantastic, I hope your one finds a good home as it certainly deserves one, it will be a fantastic car for someone but not the scrap one that's for sure.
Good luck with the sale, Tommy.

Oops, only just noticed the date of your ad sorry, Did it sell?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmeringo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2018, 17:26   #4
john-sussex

home safely, rest easy that she is in good hands and will be looked after.. Nice to meet you. hopefully paths will cross again..
john-sussex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to john-sussex For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 02:32   #5
Silver940

Decided to make an account just to keep you updated on how its going , door locks fixed already having a look at the pcv box tommorow
Silver940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver940 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 06:25   #6
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Got me confused now, who actually owns the Volvo?????
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 19:39   #7
Silver940

Default New owner

I am the new owner
Silver940 is offline   Reply With Quote