Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 160715

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 7th, 2017, 20:43   #1021
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc60ed View Post
Although from the next size up the space in the current Touareg is very similar to the XC60 and I can actually cram more in the boot of the XC60 than my previous Touareg. Also with the discounts, prices are pretty similar as well. I would actually like a slightly bigger SUV and had a new XC90 last year but didn't get on with it.

I'm assuming both the new XC60 and Touareg will follow the trend of growing in size so when I come to swap in around 2 years time see those 2 as the most likely contenders. I think the situation in 2 years time regarding diesels may have a strong influence as I love the VAG 3.0 V6 tdi but may have to look at a hybrid instead if the government start penalising diesels.
Euro 6 diesel's produce the same Nox as Euro 4 petrol engines so unless they are going to ban combustion engines altogether I suspect it will be safe to get whatever suits you.

Roy
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 12:55   #1022
Arianne
Premier Member

Default Update: the kitten has arrived from the West Midlands...

Another step closer, I hear you all sigh!

My Sales Executive contacted me earlier today to confirm that our Jaguar F-Pace has arrived at their dealership in Kelso. They want to complete their PDI work and I have agreed to pop across on 25 February for an inspection. If I find anything then they still have a few days left to correct it prior to collection at 9am on Saturday, 4 March.

What do you do when you take delivery of a brand new car? I find it doesn't sit comfortably with me if I take it on a tour of friends and family. I prefer them to discover that we have a new car gradually over time. Instead, I prefer a road trip with the new member of the family.

We have a holiday booked on the Isle of Skye in April - great roads, empty and perfect for the F-Pace agility. But that's a bit far off. So today I booked a weekend break in The Lake District and we will go straight there from Kelso. The roads in Southern Scotland are open and also empty. We can bond with our new car and have some fun. Great for a photo shoot too!

Last time I did that, the car broke down! It was a Vauxhall Zafira. Here's hoping the Jaguar is better. As the back page advert in my newspaper said yesterday about the F-Pace...... "Above all, it's a Jaguar". We shall see!

Regards,

Arianne
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 13:44   #1023
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Taking it to the Lakes straight away It will get muddy, horribly muddy. It rains there, always. Mud splatter over that lovely car. What are you doing?

Ha ha. Enjoy the trip, a nice run out for it. Just don't go over any of the silly passes. Been there (by mistake), done that, not going to do it again.
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 13:45   #1024
AngloScot
Master Member

Do you really get taken in by the "Sales Executive" bit. He's a salesman and once he has your money, he will be moving on to the next customer.
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 13:59   #1025
Voltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
Another step closer, I hear you all sigh!

My Sales Executive contacted me earlier today to confirm that our Jaguar F-Pace has arrived at their dealership in Kelso. They want to complete their PDI work and I have agreed to pop across on 25 February for an inspection. If I find anything then they still have a few days left to correct it prior to collection at 9am on Saturday, 4 March.

What do you do when you take delivery of a brand new car? I find it doesn't sit comfortably with me if I take it on a tour of friends and family. I prefer them to discover that we have a new car gradually over time. Instead, I prefer a road trip with the new member of the family.

We have a holiday booked on the Isle of Skye in April - great roads, empty and perfect for the F-Pace agility. But that's a bit far off. So today I booked a weekend break in The Lake District and we will go straight there from Kelso. The roads in Southern Scotland are open and also empty. We can bond with our new car and have some fun. Great for a photo shoot too!

Last time I did that, the car broke down! It was a Vauxhall Zafira. Here's hoping the Jaguar is better. As the back page advert in my newspaper said yesterday about the F-Pace...... "Above all, it's a Jaguar". We shall see!

Regards,

Arianne
Hopefully there will be wintery weather so you can test out the F-Pace's capabilities over the Hardknott and Wryenose passes - if they are open. Apart from the mud and rain, those narrow lanes are not very sympathetic to the paintwork!

Have fun!
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 14:46   #1026
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltan View Post
Hopefully there will be wintery weather so you can test out the F-Pace's capabilities over the Hardknott and Wryenose passes - if they are open. Apart from the mud and rain, those narrow lanes are not very sympathetic to the paintwork!

Have fun!
Ah, but if you don't have winter / all-weather tyres, even the four-legged kitten will struggle on snow !
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 15:11   #1027
Voltan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Ah, but if you don't have winter / all-weather tyres, even the four-legged kitten will struggle on snow !
Very true - better to play safe.
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 18:15   #1028
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngloScot View Post
Do you really get taken in by the "Sales Executive" bit. He's a salesman and once he has your money, he will be moving on to the next customer.
That's just not true. My guy is top drawer. He is actually on Paternity Leave and still responded to my email. I was grateful but explained that, compared to his new daughter, a new car is trivial. His colleague, a surrogate on his outlook account, spotted it and also contacted me to offer continuity of service.

Believe me, up here in The Scottish Borders, if you behaved in the way you suggest, you would be out of business pretty quickly. It's a 'people thing' up here, word of mouth referral and all that.

More generally, I will traverse Kirkstone Pass as that's a decent width but there's no way I am going near Hardknott or Wrynose. Forget it!!!

Yes, she will get dirty but the whole of the Scottish Borders is covered in tractor mud right now and will be until Spring. Your car looks clean for as long as it doesn't leave your drive!

Best wishes to all.

Arianne
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 18:18   #1029
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Arianne, In case you want to protect the paintwork, Williams have improved their ceramic coating and upped the guarantee from 5 years to lifetime.

Roy
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyMacDonald For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2017, 08:01   #1030
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Arianne, In case you want to protect the paintwork, Williams have improved their ceramic coating and upped the guarantee from 5 years to lifetime.

Roy
Thanks Roy. I never do any of the paint protection packages. Instead I enjoy spending a day every six months with a soft clay bar, chemical concoctions and finally waxes. I know that they're not as bullet-proof as the better paint treatment systems but I find the whole experience therapeutic if I choose a nice, calm and dry day.

I have all the stuff in my garage anyway (the Volvo is Passion Red, the Jaguar is Italian Racing Red - so in reality they're both red then!) and the stuff is perfect for the new car as the colours are the same.

Thanks though.

Arianne

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan