Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 160994

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 22:19   #1421
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
My brother drives a Ssangyong Rexton - and that after working with them. Why? It is a great tow car (he has a worksvan, his wife works a mile away from home - 50% of their mileage is towing) and it happily takes their 4 dogs in the boot (GSD and 3 spaniels - 1 he adopted from me). Oh, and at less than a year old and with 9000 miles on the clock it cost him £17k and is pretty well equipped.

As we said - horses for courses. He would laugh at your Velar and my SQ5 as overpriced and not working cars.

He has just been up in the borders - you may have been held up by him!
I think he towed my loan Jaguar XJ out of the field. What a guy. What a car!

You're right - Ssangyong Rexton. Respect!

Until tomorrow folks.

Arianne
Old Aug 29th, 2017, 22:46   #1422
Crockers
Premier Member

Just seen the new Porsche Cayenne. It's a lovely car with a beautiful cabin. Only petrol at launch. Diesel & hybrid to follow.
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 19:16   #1423
isleaiw
Master Member

Thought I would just add a pic of my new toy - collected today from Hull Audi. Loving it so far, comfortable, refined, a nice subdued growl (whilst I take it easy!) and great tech... quality seems good too, as you may expect from an Audi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0023.JPG (134.4 KB, 88 views)
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isleaiw For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 19:39   #1424
NigelDay
Premier Member

Nice. Looking forward to feedback after you have clocked up a few miles.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 22:58   #1425
Arianne
Premier Member

Default My own Pre-Delivery Inspection

Is it possible that this thread just might be approaching the final chapter? It's been a long & winding road but today I popped across to my dealer (Lloyd Kelso) to complete my own Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI).

I received a call from the dealer earlier in the week to confirm that our RR Velar had been delivered, that they had completed their own first stage dealer PDI and so now was the time for me to do what I needed to do!

I am relieved to confirm that the Velar appears to be perfect. Here are some images. I hope you enjoy taking a peek. Collection is booked for 23 September.

Best wishes,

Arianne

Air suspension set at lowest level

Air suspension set at highest level (mud ruts & wading)

Suspension at highest setting

Rear wiper tucked under tailgate roof spoiler

Motif on B-pillar

Old Sep 10th, 2017, 01:47   #1426
isleaiw
Master Member

Very nice - not my thing (too many touch screens, a bit trying too hard) but can see the appeal and definitely on the son in laws lisr, although a cheaper RRS is winning currently (cheaper on pcp not list).

Good luck with this one - if anything goes wrong can I say that Audi quality seems superb and a 354ps petrol v6 is a nice way to make progress .....
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isleaiw For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2017, 07:40   #1427
NigelDay
Premier Member

Lovely colour. I hope it delivers a great driving experience.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2017, 09:43   #1428
bobby2000
VOC Member

Looks very nice.
Those wheels look like they could be a nightmare to clean.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2017, 13:24   #1429
Crockers
Premier Member

Look nice. Like the interior bar the steering wheel. Really not a fan of 2tone wheels. Volvo do them too. Big no no IMHO.
Old Sep 10th, 2017, 14:11   #1430
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
Looks very nice.
Those wheels look like they could be a nightmare to clean.
I chose these wheels because they are straightforward alloys rather than diamond cut or painted grey.

On this car I have decided to only have one set of rims and I will swap the summer & winter tyres over every six months. The price of a second set of 21" rims is prohibitive at the moment. The diamond cut rims look gorgeous but are fragile and prone to white-worm in the winter with the salt and grit.

One of the many learning points from my XC60. I had a second set of smaller rims for that car but, for six months of the year, she looked a little dull.

Best wishes,

Arianne

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan