Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Under pressure

Views : 744

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 21:48   #1
Daleman
Master Member

Default Under pressure

I have had my XC 60 serviced regularly with the main agent and I assume they checked tyre pressures and adjusted them to the required recommendations as a matter of course with the service. I must admit the tyres looked ok so I never checked the pressures myself assuming the garage was doing it as I only do 6000 ish a year between services and I just trusted they looked ok so they were ok .Maybe too presumptive of me but after all it was a new car and I to be honest I am sometimes a bit procrastinatory on small jobs that don’t appear too needing.

Anyway I happened check the tyre pressures myself the other day and found them all exactly 30 psi front and rear as if they had been set up at that specific pressure. The vehicle has been driving superbly all the time I have owned it and the steering always felt beautifully secure and stable. The ride and handling were noticeably good too.

Upon putting in the recommended 35 psi in all the tyres as stated on the door pillar I must say I do feel an apparent slight vagueness about the strait ahead position and the ride definitely feels somewhat harsher and less comfortable . Personally I preferred the vehicle with the lower 30 psi tyre pressures that i would have thought were really wrong but I certainly liked the driving experience better with the lower pressures!

Any one else had experiences with tyres and pressures on the XC 60?
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 08:09   #2
844PHW
Master Member

No doubt there is an element of personal preference involved. I prefer what I perceive as a slightly firmer ride from using the slightly higher ECO pressure, although I have noticed that the car seems to drive fine at lower pressures.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 10:13   #3
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

I have upped mine as the tyres on the front only [different ones on the back] are a bit eco biased and have no shoulder making for uncomfortable long sweeping bends at higher speeds...a couple of PSI extra and they are much better.

The tyre has a lot to do with it though.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 14:04   #4
Pesky

I run mine on 39 psi which is the ECO pressure , not convinced it makes any difference on the mpg though!

My car has the standard 17" wheels

IMHO it does "feel" better with higher pressures.
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote