Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VIDA 2014D running on Windows 10 tablet

Views : 37716

Replies : 180

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 01:12   #91
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
My Volvo inde always uses Vida with bluetooth, never seen him connecting a cable to the car yet
Ah ha... good to know. If you have the chance to ask him what he uses I'd be interested.
I've heard bluetooth connection is slower but I can bear with it if I don't have to buy an extra computer just for the car...
bertrandls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 10:50   #92
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandls View Post
ah, interesting, a bit soon in my priorities but.... what is your price? what computer is it? ( wish it worked on mac)
It's a Linx 1010B tablet. The one in the picture comes with an additional 32GB microSD card.

Tablet only £189, tablet + tested DiCE £279. Price includes (usually next day) postage to Mainland UK.
Vindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 10:53   #93
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbos View Post
It doesn't need internet connection to use VIDA. Its all self-contained.

It won't work on anything newer than Windows 7 (as I understand) unless you install a Virtual Machine running Windows 7 or less.

The DICE part of it, needs a USB port in order to connect the OBD to the laptop in order to read the cars data.
The laptop does not need internet connection, but it will work either way with or without internet connection. The tablet runs VIDA natively on Windows 10, it does not need a VM. The great thing about the Linx tablet is that it comes with 2 full sized USB ports so the DiCE unit can be plugged in straight.
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 10:57   #94
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodys View Post
Quick question on the VIDA and dice, I've got a couple of iPads, a old compaq laptop, has cd drive, won't connect to to the web but runs Windows 10, and 2 tablet/small laptops w/o cd drive that will conect to the web, so question is if I were to buy the VIDA stuff (the software I think?) and the dice (the bit that connects to the OBD plug?) do's the software when loading need any web conection? If not I can load on the "full size laptop". preferably I'd like to put it on the smaller laptops but haven't got cd drive so don't know how I'd load the software? Will it load ok, work of with Windows 10? Only ask as I've loaded PP2000 before for my peugeots and it was a pain to install the software as it needed early Windows to set it up?
I Could sell a laptop or 2 and buy one off here done but would rather keep the ones I have to save chopping and changing all my stuff on them.
One last question, I see this has been loaded on a tablet, can it be put on a iPad? Cheers

It is possible to install VIDA on windows 10 natively, but it won't install straight away same way as on windows 7. You don't need a DVD drive in your laptop, as long as you have a way of copying the content of the VIDA DVD on a USB stick.
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 11:02   #95
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandls View Post
Ah ha... good to know. If you have the chance to ask him what he uses I'd be interested.
I've heard bluetooth connection is slower but I can bear with it if I don't have to buy an extra computer just for the car...
There are DiCE units that use bluetooth, I did not use one personally.

Depending on what you do with your VIDA it's always recommended to have a rock solid connection, hence I prefer the cabled solution. You will not be able to perform software upgrade on your car using this setup, but sw upgrade is typically a very sensitive operation where you would want to make sure nothing goes wrong (i.e.your bluetooth connection does not drop out).

For read operations, I agree a bluetooth connection might come handy.

The tablet is not locked down to using VIDA only (as many other solutions on the internet are), you are free to use it for any other purposes you would use your laptop for.

Last edited by Vindo; Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:00.
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 11:57   #96
bertrandls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindo View Post
There are DiCE units that use bluetooth, I did not use one personally.

Depending on what you do with your VIDA it's always recommended to have a rock solid connection, hence I prefer the cabled solution. You will not be able to perform software upgrade on your car, this is typically a very sensitive operation where you would want to make sure nothing goes wrong (i.e.your bluetooth connection does not drop out).

For read operations, I agree a bluetooth connection might come handy.

The tablet is not locked down to using VIDA only (as many other solutions on the internet are), you are free to use it for any other purposes you would use your laptop for.
Ok, thank you for your explanations.
bertrandls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 11:50   #97
Vindo

Two tablets sold. The one below is ready to go, can be purchased with ot without DiCE. Running latest Windows 10 (including security and feature update 1709 released Jan 2018)

Old Mar 21st, 2018, 13:31   #98
Ruxpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindo View Post
Two tablets sold. The one below is ready to go, can be purchased with ot without DiCE. Running latest Windows 10 (including security and feature update 1709 released Jan 2018)
Hi Vindo,

Have tried sending you a PM but cannot see it in my Sent Messages. Probably user error on my part.

Can you please advise via PM if received?

Thank you
Ruxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 17:24   #99
Vindo

Selling a Linx 12x64 tablet (+ DiCE unit) this time, the high end of the Linx tablets. All you need to diagnose your car. Running the latest Windows 10 update. Much faster than the Linx 1010s I have been selling so far. 64GB storage and 4GB memory.

Comes in original box. Accessories included: keyboard and charger. Price is £359 including next day postage.

Old Sep 7th, 2018, 00:20   #100
Vindo

Selling the following kits:
Linx 1010 running VIDA + DICE + next day postage = £279
Linx 1020 running VIDA + DICE + next day postage = £289
Linx 12x64 running VIDA + DICE + next day postage = £359

The tablet comes with Windows 10 and runs VIDA natively, no emulators or virtual machines involved. It is not locked down to using VIDA only, there is no restriction on windows updates either. Quick return on investment.

Tags
diagnose, diagnostics, dice, tablet, vida