Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

TEKA ignition cylinders

Views : 983

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2012, 19:06   #1
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

Default TEKA ignition cylinders

I have two TEKA ignition cylinders. They are out of amazons and have the same interface as the ASSA and later Neiman cylinders. One of the TEKA has a key with it. The key is an original Volvo one. I would like to get a copy made but no lock shops can seem to find a blank. The lockshop books show the ASSA and Neiman blanks but I can't find any reference to the TEKA ones... The Volvo parts manual doesn't even show a TEKA blank but I have see a few of them so it was not swapped in from some other car.

Anyone have a Ilco or Taylor cross reference to the blanks for a TEKA ignition cylinder?

Thanks
Chris
agent_strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 00:45   #2
940_Turbo

I've never seen one, Canadian assembly local content maybe?

I've just looked at the factory cutting codes, and they're not on there either.
940_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 13:39   #3
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

Chris;

I have a very good relationship with a locksmith who may be able to help...can you send some pictures, or eventually the whole assembly?

Greetings from Connecticut
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 15:11   #4
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I’m sorry to say that the last TEKA ignition cylinder I got, showed up from the UK. You can’t blame the commonwealth for that one. I wanted a spare RHD coil and when it showed up, it still had the cylinder in it with the key. The other one is from an unknown amazon that I was given the dash out of.

I finally got a chance to take a couple of photos of stuff. See the attached for two different TEKA ignition cylinders, and the one key that I have. I have also attached a drawing of the key profile if that helps anyone.

Thanks
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4668[1].JPG (44.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4669[1].JPG (37.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4670[1].JPG (49.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4671[2].JPG (50.8 KB, 15 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TEKA KEY.pdf (21.2 KB, 6 views)
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 21:26   #5
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I went down to an old time lock shop that I have had good luck with before. It's a bit out of my way so I normally use one or two other shops. The shop has been there for many decades and normally deals with safes and bank vaults. They are heavy duty..... I was happy to walk in and see a guy behind the counter who was 70+ years old. I knew he was not going to give me some answer like 'the computer doesn't show that...' I told him what I wanted, he went in the back room and about 5 minutes later he came out with the right blank. He said he didn't think he had ever sold one of those blanks and they were 'pretty old'. I was a bit worried about the cost but he said they were no different than the others. Thus I got two copies made for a total of $14 and he shimmed the blank in the cutting machine (to account for wear in the original key) so the copies work better than the original. I will take him in the whole dash that I have with the the TEKA ignition since he said he could make me a key for that one as well. He figured it would be $35 for that. I figure that is 1/3 the price of the reproduction Neiman ones...

If you ever run into this situation, the key blank that the TEKA's used is a Taylor #V70A

I also got a note from a Swedish amazon owner who found that the Teka lock company was purchased by ASSA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agent_strangelove For This Useful Post: