Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

** Scottish Section October Meet - IMPORTANT UPDATE

Views : 1997

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2017, 00:19   #1
RoscoMac
Scottish Section Chair

Unhappy ** Scottish Section October Meet - IMPORTANT UPDATE

Folks,

Despite several assurances over the last few months, the new Volvo Glasgow showroom which was due to be the venue for our meeting on the 29th, is not yet complete (Volvo obviously don't do building works!).

We have tried to find a suitable alternative venue, but due to the short notice and other pre-planned activities at the venues, we reluctantly feel it would be most prudent to cancel the planned meeting for the 29th and reconvene next year.

Please accept our apologies and I hope you appreciate this has been out with our control.

Please also advise any member who may not view the forums and rely on the magazine for notifications.

Many Thanks
Ross
RoscoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoscoMac For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 10:41   #2
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoMac View Post
Folks,

Despite several assurances over the last few months, the new Volvo Glasgow showroom which was due to be the venue for our meeting on the 29th, is not yet complete (Volvo obviously don't do building works!).

We have tried to find a suitable alternative venue, but due to the short notice and other pre-planned activities at the venues, we reluctantly feel it would be most prudent to cancel the planned meeting for the 29th and reconvene next year.

Please accept our apologies and I hope you appreciate this has been out with our control.

Please also advise any member who may not view the forums and rely on the magazine for notifications.

Many Thanks
Ross
Hi Ross, why not move the meet to Lomond Shores as it's not all that far from the original meet? There's plenty of parking there and there's shopping a few minutes walk away as well!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 12:17   #3
gordycfs

Yes IC. Lomond Shores is a good idea. I've booked Monday off to attend a Glasgow meet. So will be very happy to attend an alternative venue.
Hopefully get to Hillington next year? Was very much looking forward to it.
gordycfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 21:55   #4
Dibble
VOC Member

Thanks Rosco. Bit of a shame but perhaps we will get there next spring.Will meet you all at Loch Lomond. 1pm?
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 22:26   #5
IC
S60R/V70R

Yes, it's a shame that the meet hasn't worked out. Ross is there any chance that a meet can be arranged next year at the new dealership when suitable ? Hopefully a few people can make Lomond Shores as this would have been the last meet of the year.

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

Last edited by IC; Oct 21st, 2017 at 22:30.
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2017, 13:19   #6
RoscoMac
Scottish Section Chair

Thanks folks for comments....if we happy to change venue to Loch Lomond Shores then for 1pm on Sunday (29th - week today ) given the feedback.

Taggarts / Lookers happy to have us next year so will rearrange once they open (drove past the site earlier this week and it did look finished so not sure if it's a planning /administration issue which is the delay. )

Thanks
Ross.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoscoMac For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 21:26   #7
Turbodave
VOC Member

I'm planning on going across to the Tartan Tarmac meet on Sunday morning in Motherwell so would be interested in gate crashing any planned afternoon meet... probably the last time the car will be out this year so may as well make the most of it!
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 12:05   #8
stuartvolvo
Trader

Default meet

Hi guys,
I am going to try and come to the meet. I know I have not been to one at all this year, but due to my broken leg things have been very difficult. Where exactly at loch Lomond shores are we looking at meeting up.

Regards
Stuart

Volvo V70 T5 Estate - Strut Brace, Pollen Filter, Polly Mounts, Tinted Windows, Upgraded Discs, 17in Wheels, Stainless exhaust, Overhaulled turbo & wast gate, ecu remap, k&n filter, white injectors = 380+ bhp.
stuartvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 14:54   #9
RoscoMac
Scottish Section Chair

Hi Stuart, we usually meet furthest away from the building (not great for you I appreciate).

As you enter off the main road, the road swings round to the left and then the right and we usually park in on the right hand side. I will see if I can get a photo / diagram which may make it clearer.

Thanks
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 21:11   #10
Delta66

I plan to attend in Bud. Must give him a wash.

(I am also a biker and was at the bike shops next to the Taggarts Volvo/Jag place yesterday. It was all fenced off and looking rather abandoned as if it had closed down, rather than waiting to be opened. There was no working on the site.)
Delta66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Delta66 For This Useful Post: