Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Can anyone help identify which options/ 'packs' I have?

Views : 1333

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2018, 17:08   #11
Considered1
Premier Member

[/QUOTE]

You can tell if you have Adaptive cruise by having the set's of arrows on the left spoke of the wheel (these adjust the following distance), if it has I think you'll also have queue assist as well.[/QUOTE]

You will also have an oblong black bit of plastic on the front grille..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 20:24   #12
berkhamsted

Default *update*

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, bad news....and even worse news!

The car doesnt have adaptive cruise. Thats not the end of the world....
but...3 weeks into ownership..and somewhere between 100 - 150 miles driven, experienced a...loss of power and yellow check engine light came on :-(

Car was bought from a volvo main dealer, a 'selekt' vehicle. So annoyed right now.
Not one manager returned my call, no courtesy car (I was expecting another xc60) given... what a shambles. Clearly a faulty car. :-(

Volvo assist came and towed the car to the dealer. I was offered a (hire car from thrifty) 3 series bmw, but with 2 large rear facing baby seats and a double bugger/stroller the 3 series would have been as much use as show piece as there would be no space to even fit the seats.

Feel like returning it under consumer act 2015 as within 30 days and go elsewhere.

Any advice?
note car has been at the dealers for 3 days..will be looked at *soon* and they say cooler to be replaced?
regards
berkhamsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 21:38   #13
Considered1
Premier Member

Sounds EGR related, happens to them all and will be covered under warranty.
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 22:11   #14
berkhamsted

Hey,
Thanks for that Considered1.

I found the loooong thread detailing EGR woes for so many people :-(
I though the standard 'fix' was replace egr valve, cooler and some sort of software update...?

Dealer informs me no, just cooler replacement....

How can this problem not be fixed by volvo HQ? it seems to be a looong standing problem. I need a reliable car, not one that goes into limp mode and looses power (especially as I do motorway journeys with the kids). Some people commented a 'repair' 2 or 3 times in a year or two!

What happens when us owners are out of warranty? who picks up the tab? When I checked it was £450 to extend warranty for just a year.

and the bigger? problem..some advice given on the long thread (by dealers) was to keep driving...even with check engine light...surely that would mess up the DPF leading to £1000+ bills for a genuine replacement.

DPF is not a warranty item..so this whole saga scares me :-(
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 22:18   #15
Considered1
Premier Member

Thats why I wouldnt be without a warranty known issue or not.
If the car hadnt had the final EGR fix I wouldnt have bought it until it had.
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 22:38   #16
berkhamsted

Thats true regarding the warranty.. I usually purchase it..but 450 seems high! only the audi was higher (a black edition)...but yes..if i dont reject this car ..a warranty will be purchased.

Ah, the 'final fix'. That's interesting....the supplying dealer (salesperson) seems to have flat out lied during the sales process.

My question was very specific..regarding the fix...the dealer could not give an answer/did not give an answer...simply stuck to the 'everything that was required has been carried out'. This is a hand picked selekt car.. all updates applied, reconditioned by the service team...

Along with further lies regarding..print out of service actions and history, never supplied..neither was the hpi/experian check carried out with a 'all clear' cert post to us/or email as requested.

Not feeling a good vibe from this volvo main dealer...all in all a bad experience so far just 3 weeks in! Maybe a short email to customer relations or the CEO might get them to get their act together. Spending 22k - 25k you expect not to lied to..or sold a lemon :-(
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 09:13   #17
Considered1
Premier Member

Make an official complaint to the General Manager at the dealership, often let down by their poorest Sales folk who may no longer even be employed, happened to me, stick to what you see as fair and yes be prepared to walk.
Good luck my friend
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 19:29   #18
berkhamsted

Well, complaint made, via email and 4 phone calls. The dealership principle did not return a single call :-(

Disappointed in Volvo and probably won't be buying again nor recommend their cars until these 'egr issues' are resolved.

Car was inspected and 'just the egr cooler' was required to be changed/replaced. paperwork provided, EGR valve has never been replaced, no software update was carried out after cooler update.

I suspect the EGR will fail at some point (going on the info from the looooong EGR thread on this very board) at least I have it in writing from 'a manager' that the valve/software was not required to be updated at this stage. So I can go ballistic when it does and be able to reject for a full refund upto 6 months I believe as the defect was present from our delivery.

I cannot understand the difference in how various Volvo dealers address this issue

- Some cause minimal inconvenience - repair/update whilst in for service
- Some replace everything. The 'final fix'
- then dealers like mine which do the minimum and not be 'pro active' for a known problem. :-(

I still have some days remaining for rejection as the car was in with them for 3 or 4 nights (I believe these get added on to the 30 days the law gives you).

Will update as and when any issues arise. What a headache this EGR issue is. Wish I bought another manufacturer now. A shame as issue aside, this is a wonderful car.

Good luck to all who have this issue...which from the EGR thread are a fair few of us!