Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Early Impressions

Views : 10451

Replies : 139

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 15th, 2016, 00:42   #131
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTRB5 View Post
Mine was checked in about 30 minutes and confirmed that no work is required. According to the service technician very few cars were affected but as they couldn't isolate the exact vehicles they are doing a recall of all cars just in case....
My dealer told me they have not found a single vehicle that requires work, every one checked so far has been ok.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2016, 01:11   #132
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
My dealer told me they have not found a single vehicle that requires work, every one checked so far has been ok.
My dealer reckoned about 0.5% are faulty.
Old Oct 16th, 2016, 08:15   #133
GMTRB5

Mine told me 5% of all cars globally are affected, so either way it's small numbers !
MY17 D5 PowerPulse R Design | Bursting Blue | Nappa Soft Leather | Carbon Fibre inlays | Winter pack | Family pack | Xenium pack | BLIS cross traffic | 7 seat comfort pack | 230v socket | Heated rear seats | Apple CarPlay | Subwoofer
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2016, 08:18   #134
gaby
Premier Member

Zero, 0.5%, 5%...who's next?
gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2016, 08:22   #135
GMTRB5

😂 at least both the answers had a 5 in them so there's obviously been some communication from Volvo which is good...
MY17 D5 PowerPulse R Design | Bursting Blue | Nappa Soft Leather | Carbon Fibre inlays | Winter pack | Family pack | Xenium pack | BLIS cross traffic | 7 seat comfort pack | 230v socket | Heated rear seats | Apple CarPlay | Subwoofer
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2016, 12:23   #136
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
Zero, 0.5%, 5%...who's next?
My dealer said he has not FOUND any with a problem, they are obviously some cars out there with this problem and I cant see how anyone can predict how many there are and I dont think my dealer will have checked many yet, but of those that have been checked they were all ok.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2016, 12:28   #137
Flashie08

Neon,
Thanks for all of this detail. I don't know if you've answered this question already (I did a quick scan of the thread to see but couldn't find it): Has the use of 19" tyres made the road noise acceptable?

I am still awaiting confirmation of my next job before I go ahead with finalising an order so I keep abreast of all of the news on road noise as this is the only unknown for me. I am juggling the options of:
1: Inscription on 20"
2: Inscription on 19" (negotiate swapping with the dealer)
3: Momentum on 19"

At the moment, 1 is not an option as the 20s are too noisy but if 19" on an Inscription is ok (can't test drive these as there aren't any available to test!) then I'd go for this as I like the other elements of the trim.
Flashie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flashie08 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 24th, 2016, 12:59   #138
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashie08 View Post
Neon,
Thanks for all of this detail. I don't know if you've answered this question already (I did a quick scan of the thread to see but couldn't find it): Has the use of 19" tyres made the road noise acceptable?

I am still awaiting confirmation of my next job before I go ahead with finalising an order so I keep abreast of all of the news on road noise as this is the only unknown for me. I am juggling the options of:
1: Inscription on 20"
2: Inscription on 19" (negotiate swapping with the dealer)
3: Momentum on 19"

At the moment, 1 is not an option as the 20s are too noisy but if 19" on an Inscription is ok (can't test drive these as there aren't any available to test!) then I'd go for this as I like the other elements of the trim.
Hi, would look at this thread for road noise.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...252744&page=30
Old Oct 24th, 2016, 16:30   #139
Flashie08

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Hi, would look at this thread for road noise.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...252744&page=30
I have been and have now found your point saying that you are content with the road noise on the 19s. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

This is reassuring as it seems less likely to be the rear window blinds as a factor so I can go with Inscription, just avoid the 20"s (maybe even 21" with the Dynamic pack).

Thanks again for all your informative posts!
Flashie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flashie08 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 24th, 2016, 18:52   #140
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashie08 View Post
I have been and have now found your point saying that you are content with the road noise on the 19s. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

This is reassuring as it seems less likely to be the rear window blinds as a factor so I can go with Inscription, just avoid the 20"s (maybe even 21" with the Dynamic pack).

Thanks again for all your informative posts!
Interestingly I have not seen anyone with 21" wheels complain about road noise.