Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Flat Battery

Views : 15448

Replies : 173

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 14th, 2017, 17:31   #171
uro1

Well to be fair to us customers I am always amazed, how view Car dealers (all makes) are informed about what goes on in car forums like this. It is often mentioned, that they give a bad picture of the quality of a car because most people only come here with their problems. But that is exactly the point.
If I owned a car dealership, there would be one person charged with regularly scanning one or two of the better known forums, so they can stay on top in the information game. You would have had a much better impression of the dealership if they had told You that there already is a TJ instead of the other way around.
uro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2017, 12:07   #172
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by uro1 View Post
Well to be fair to us customers I am always amazed, how view Car dealers (all makes) are informed about what goes on in car forums like this. It is often mentioned, that they give a bad picture of the quality of a car because most people only come here with their problems. But that is exactly the point.
If I owned a car dealership, there would be one person charged with regularly scanning one or two of the better known forums, so they can stay on top in the information game. You would have had a much better impression of the dealership if they had told You that there already is a TJ instead of the other way around.
+ 1 for this view.
I can understand if the sales side of the dealership doesn't know or doesn't want to talk about technical stuff.
I don't think there is anything wrong in expecting the service side of the team to be on top of the technical things,

More so when some customers (like many of us here) understand this stuff and would like to know the details.
Old Mar 16th, 2017, 15:15   #173
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
+ 1 for this view.
I can understand if the sales side of the dealership doesn't know or doesn't want to talk about technical stuff.
I don't think there is anything wrong in expecting the service side of the team to be on top of the technical things,

More so when some customers (like many of us here) understand this stuff and would like to know the details.
Update -

Car ready for collection, will pick it up tomorrow
Dealer says it was a software update plus something to do with VDDM.
Battery tested OK, didn't have to replace it seems.
Also asked me to uninstall and install the VoC app on the phone.

Will get more details when I meet them tomorrow.
Old Mar 24th, 2017, 18:20   #174
Jabbar40
Jabbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
Update -

Car ready for collection, will pick it up tomorrow
Dealer says it was a software update plus something to do with VDDM.
Battery tested OK, didn't have to replace it seems.
Also asked me to uninstall and install the VoC app on the phone.

Will get more details when I meet them tomorrow.
Hi. Update since I had software up date 2 weeks. Delighted to say all problems appear to have been resolved:

- no low battery warning any more
- auto wipers, HUD, stop start and Bluetooth all working

I'm hoping it's now resolved - absolutely stunning car when is all working!
Jabbar40 is offline   Reply With Quote