Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Collected the car today

Views : 21992

Replies : 303

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 21st, 2016, 13:08   #21
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Thanks again for all the comments. More stuff later, but here's a curious thing...

I ordered the heated rear seats option (amongst others) and was expecting the rear of the centre box to have 2 physical buttons for them. However, instead, it's come fitted with the 4-zone climate unit (which fully works!), see pic. At first I assumed they'd somehow mistakenly configured the car with Seven Seat Comfort pack but that's not the case as there's no third row aircon nor power folding head restraints. However, the cooled glovebox is fitted. Go figure.

(It goes without saying, I'm delighted!)
_
Yes, that's brilliant. I would have done the same if I knew this.

I have opted for seven seat comfort though (last min addition).
Will most likely disable the power folding of the rear headrests.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 13:09   #22
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post

I wonder if its the easiest way for them to integrate the controls for rear heated seats, a touch screen just for the heated seats would look a bit odd.
Looks like they've definitely changed the Heated Rear Seats option's controls and added the rear aircon.

The first pic shows how it was described in the MY2016 manual and that's what I was expecting to get. The second pic is a screen-grab from today that shows that same option in the configurator now.

I only briefly checked the airflow from these centre vents. Later on I'll check that the temperature controls actually work individually as you'd expect. (The fan control certainly works and I can also control everything from the front screen.)

If this really is the new option (not just a temporary thing because of supply problems, etc) then it's a real bargain.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heated rear seats 2-zone MY16 .jpg (25.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Heated rear seats 2-zone JULY 2016.jpg (72.9 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Lexman8; Jul 21st, 2016 at 13:36. Reason: Clarification
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 13:11   #23
BTXC90

Quote:
Couple more pics this morning.

Does anyone else think that the black radiator grille on the Momentum actually looks better (at least against lighter paintwork) than that of the Inscription?
_
Black grill is looking great with your Silver.

You must be very busy exploring the car

I guess I will take a day or two off when I get mine to play around in real
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 13:11   #24
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
My word!! that is one good option then, for £300 you get heated rear seats + 4 zone climate, wow!. I'm not getting any use out of my £300 Apple CarPlay, so knowing this now I would most certainly swap the two if ordering again.

From what I can see on the price list, 4-zone climate isn't an al-a-carte option, only available with T8 or as part of Seven Seat Comfort Pack.

I wonder if its the easiest way for them to integrate the controls for rear heated seats, a touch screen just for the heated seats would look a bit odd.

Edit: - in the MY207 price list, the option is simply described as 'Heated Rear Seats - outer positions 2nd Row'.

:wq
The pictures I have seen with just rear heated seats are 2 buttons where the rear climate control goes, they do look a bit lost.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 13:34   #25
Lexman8
Premier Member

Default Playing a video on the centre screen

The quality is actually very good (the pic doesn't show it well). The image freezes but sound continues while car is moving. Good for music videos (obviously).

As some of you may know, there's a Phil Collins album with a track called 'Take Me Home' which unfortunately is also a satnav command on the XC90. The first time I said it to the car it played the track. The second time it set the satnav.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030353.JPG (335.9 KB, 100 views)
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 13:51   #26
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Looks like they've definitely changed the Heated Rear Seats option's controls and added the rear aircon.

The first pic shows how it was described in the MY2016 manual and that's what I was expecting to get. The second pic is a screen-grab from today that shows that same option in the configurator now.

I only briefly checked the airflow from these centre vents. Later on I'll check that the temperature controls actually work individually as you'd expect. (The fan control certainly works and I can also control everything from the front screen.)

If this really is the new option (not just a temporary thing because of supply problems, etc) then it's a real bargain.
_
Do you have a tab in climate menu saying Rear climate? That would mean 4 zones and is indeed awesome and great value (think I paid over 1k for the option on my16). If it's not there then you are probably two zones and you will have kids messing up your settings from the back. It is then "merely" great as central vents would really improve comfort in the back vs just b pillar vents. Have they kept b pillar vents?
Deman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 14:00   #27
BTXC90

Quote:
The quality is actually very good (the pic doesn't show it well). The image freezes but sound continues while car is moving. Good for music videos (obviously).

As some of you may know, there's a Phil Collins album with a track called 'Take Me Home' which unfortunately is also a satnav command on the XC90. The first time I said it to the car it played the track. The second time it set the satnav.
_
Do you mean it shows the image of the track that is being played or actually plays videos (Too much ask, I guess you meant image only... )

And were you trying to play music or trying to navigate home when you said 'take me home'?
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 14:59   #28
aab203

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
Do you mean it shows the image of the track that is being played or actually plays videos (Too much ask, I guess you meant image only... )

And were you trying to play music or trying to navigate home when you said 'take me home'?
I think he was playing a video which then froze (intentionally) when the car was no longer stationary, whilst the audio track continued to be audible.

What happens if you stop again - does the video track skip forward to align with the audio one?
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 15:36   #29
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Do you have a tab in climate menu saying Rear climate?
Yes and I can definitely set 4 different temperatures from the front screen and/or set the rear temperatures on the rear screen. As a test I had warm air coming from the left rear vent and cool air from the right rear vent. The rear fan speed is also set independently of the front speed.

Quote:
Have they kept b pillar vents?
Yes, still have the B pillar vents but not the C pillar vents from the 7-seat Comfort option.

It had previously struck me as strange that centre rear vents weren't standard, even if not independently temperature controlled. This set-up with 4 rear vents is much better.
Old Jul 21st, 2016, 15:43   #30
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
No, it actually plays videos (from a USB stick). There's a 'Video' tab on the USB input screen. I'd need to check the max resolution but it might be 720p.

Quote:
I was trying to navigate home. The car took it as a navigation command on second attempt.