Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Delivery Times S90

Views : 15475

Replies : 126

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 16:08   #11
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
Hopefully they will arrive before April or you will likely have additional road tax to pay for the first year as the pre ad blue models won't have been tested to the new RDE2 test (as announced in yesterdays budget).

I wonder if theres any scope for people who have been waiting months to push for a discount as Volvo are offering discounts on new sales to shift the none adblue models.
Its unlikely anything will have been formally tested to that level before 2020 according to something I read - so all new diesels will carry the premium to start with....
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 16:12   #12
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
Its unlikely anything will have been formally tested to that level before 2020 according to something I read - so all new diesels will carry the premium to start with....
Forward thinking by the government then, penalise new cars which are cleaner anyway whilst not levying any additional charges for older cars, really doesn't give people any incentive to change to a new car and certainly not whilst the long term plans for diesel taxation is an unknown!
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 16:16   #13
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Forward thinking by the government then, penalise new cars which are cleaner anyway whilst not levying any additional charges for older cars, really doesn't give people any incentive to change to a new car and certainly not whilst the long term plans for diesel taxation is an unknown!
Not going to encourage people to swap for a new one, that is for certain. Which wont please the manufacturers and dealers who are already seeing declining sales. But then not much of what the government does is forward thinking or really joined up....
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 16:35   #14
Jimrod

Quote:
Hopefully they will arrive before April or you will likely have additional road tax to pay for the first year as the pre ad blue models won't have been tested to the new RDE2 test (as announced in yesterdays budget).

I wonder if theres any scope for people who have been waiting months to push for a discount as Volvo are offering discounts on new sales to shift the none adblue models.
Sorry for the silly question - the S90 doesn't currently/anytime soon use adBlue does it? Was one of the factors in me ordering it over an Audi A6...
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 16:53   #15
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Those already built wont but new builds likely will depending on build date. See this thread - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ghlight=adblue

Essentially without adblue the car won't meet E6 requirements when tested to RSE2 as the high levels of EGR simply don't work in the real world as exposed by the likes of Which etc.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 17:07   #16
Jimrod

Quote:
Those already built wont but new builds likely will depending on build date. See this thread - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ghlight=adblue

Essentially without adblue the car won't meet E6 requirements when tested to RSE2 as the high levels of EGR simply don't work in the real world as exposed by the likes of Which etc.
Cheers for the info! Hopefully that won't include mine then (due December, presumed on-target), I've already had my Skoda Yeti with the botched adBlue add-on - in boot filler, loss of space, smallish tank which lasts 4k miles... and I'll be annoyed if I get that again after purposely choosing a car without it, especially with no petrol option!
Old Nov 24th, 2017, 09:46   #17
Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks View Post
WHAT THE ACTUAL!!!

this isn't looking good, did they say what the hold up was?? Is it self driving to your house?

That's unreal. I know its a good car but 6 months is taking the biscuit
No reason aside from being stuck on a train.
Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 18:32   #18
Ducks

I've literally been contemplating cancelling the order.

- Lack of communication has really irritated me, surely the car should be built or getting built waiting to be shipped over?

- How much of a backlog is there on orders as some are due in December but then I know nothing

- I feel like I'm harassing the showroom staff, surely they should be keeping customers in the loop as they don't want to lose them

Not impressed so far, got Audi working on a deal to see if they can tempt me back
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 18:49   #19
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:

- Lack of communication has really irritated me, surely the car should be built or getting built waiting to be shipped over?

- How much of a backlog is there on orders as some are due in December but then I know nothing

- I feel like I'm harassing the showroom staff, surely they should be keeping customers in the loop as they don't want to lose them

Not impressed so far, got Audi working on a deal to see if they can tempt me back
In my experience, car manufacturers are very good with info one time, other times not. Same with Volvo and Audi. For example:

2013 V40 (wifes previous) - told 9 weeks. No info after that if made, shipped etc. Came at exactly 9 weeks and 1day.

2016 XC60 (wifes current) - told 12 weeks. Arrived out of nowhere after 5!

2014 A6 - informed throughout the whole process. Even down to the exact delivery date. Took 4 months.

2017 S6 - told would take 4-5 months. No info in dealers system except manufacturing date. Suddenly it had arrived to dealer, 2weeks before scheduled production. Dealers system still showed as not even made yet!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 19:17   #20
Jimrod

Quote:

I went back to my Volvo dealer (Johnson's in Swindon) this weekend to check on mine, I've consistently been told 16th-20th December since my order was placed on the 12th of August, not sure if those were arrival or collection dates. They said it's due to arrive at dock on the 18th of December so still bang on target. Annoyingly that set delivery for Christmas day but I can't see that somehow! I'm hoping to get it before, not really sure how long it takes from dock to dealer or to do the PDI...