Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Newsletter

Views : 1623

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2014, 23:48   #11
H20 VOLVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbruck1 View Post
I did offer the information on to the technical people in charge but no one got back to me. So I thought it easier to post them up instead. There are 36 issues so you do have to wade through to make some headway. I printed them off and bound them into 3 books. You can just browse through them at leisure then and pick out the parts that concern you most. Phase three cars do have huge issues with headgaskets on the force vehicles. They have changed them now for a improved version which seems to have cured the issue. But hoses are a problem so if you do have a phase 3 vehicle with a diesel motor please check them over as the newsletter says.
Yes head gaskets on T6 have been a big problem on cop cars. My local dealer always has one in, and through talking to them, they said they hoped it was solved.
H20 VOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 11:59   #12
I-S
Premier Member

Insbruck1 - I noticed in one of the newsletters where it is covering the hgf issues that there's a statement in bold that "this issue has nothing to do with the engine upgrade that has been performed on your police vehicle".

What engine upgrade? There's long been denied rumours that the old P2 T5s had a boost compared to civilian versions.

These days it would make sense to me that police vehicles would/should be supplied with polestar installed. Is this the upgrade referred to?
I-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2014, 14:51   #13
insbruck1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-S View Post
Insbruck1 - I noticed in one of the newsletters where it is covering the hgf issues that there's a statement in bold that "this issue has nothing to do with the engine upgrade that has been performed on your police vehicle".

What engine upgrade? There's long been denied rumours that the old P2 T5s had a boost compared to civilian versions.

These days it would make sense to me that police vehicles would/should be supplied with polestar installed. Is this the upgrade referred to?
Yes this is the upgrade that is added to our vehicles at present. Our T5's were also modified before commissioning.

2005 V70 D5 Estate 193000 mls
insbruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2014, 08:42   #14
tt82
Forum Support Team

Intresting to see that Gen 3 V70's also have 336mm front brakes and ventilated rear disc. Time to start looking into some parts numbers me thinks!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 09:05   #15
rogerb
Lets take it to bits

Default No 37

I see newsletter 37 is now on Dropbox.
Thanks for that.

Roger
rogerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 09:18   #16
DionBullock
Volvo Nut

Great thread! Nice bit of reading!
DionBullock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2014, 12:57   #17
tt82
Forum Support Team

It took me nearly a day but I have made a PDF "Contents" list for the Generation 3 models covered by this sub forum. It covers from Newsletter 20 to 37.

It would be great to get this included on the dropbox link.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Police Technical Workshop Newsletters PDF.pdf (153.8 KB, 21 views)

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2014, 15:29   #18
I-S
Premier Member

Outstanding! That makes it WAY easier to find info. Thanks!
I-S is offline   Reply With Quote