Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ECM-26B0 Injector Power Signal too high

Views : 9634

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 2nd, 2023, 10:33   #21
darroch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Thanks. As I want to keep the car, thinking of getting it to an Indy Volvo garage to give it a good going over, it's a 100 mile drive but he has a good reputation.
I think I know where you are going.
darroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2023, 14:37   #22
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Just found this old thread and wonder if anyone can advise?

I'm getting occasional injector codes 2670, 2680 and 26B0 which are injectors 1, 2, 5.

This thread says that's "injector signal too high", however my local Indy garage found a 26B0 reading and report it as "insufficient fuel pressure" (not a VIDA, but better than my basic code reader. I believe VIDA will identify which error when there are more options for a single overall code?)

I've taken a first look at the injector wiring without as yet dismantling much, however, there is clear damage to some wiring (car is an XC70, D5 185, 2006, 144k miles). There's a wire that routes around the offside side of the oil filler cap and its conduit is badly cracked and broken, though the wires look ok for now (I have done a temporary fix). There are also some other injector feed wires I can see where they break out from the loom that have lost their covering. This all suggests that at the age and mileage I would do well to properly check all the injector wiring.

So, questions: (I've never done much on this engine myself, and diesels are a bit of a mystery to me, however, I am reasonably competent, at least to know when to give up and get someone qualified to do it)

1. Which is cylinder 1 - nearside or offside? This seems to be so obvious that nowhere on the net or the Haynes manual does it say. AFAICT, no.1 is offside, left as you look at it standing in front of the car

2. Am I right that to get at the injector wiring (mostly behind the engine?) the sequence is: disconnect battery, remove engine top cover, remove transverse strut (both ends and a connection to the cyl head, then remove the plastic cover above the injectors (into which the top cover hinges) with two nuts either end at the front and twomdown the back of it)?

3. And finally, could water in the fuel cause these codes? The local filling station we use has been out of action, many cars locally reported by our Indy garage with water in the fuel, including my wife's XC60 D5. I have had the fuel filter changed, codes cleared and will see if they come back. My feeling is it's not this, but dodgy wiring.

Thx in advance
This is likely to be caused by poor injector plug terminals, they move slightly with engine vibrations and eventually the grip reduces, volvo do repair wiring terminals with 6 inches of wire pre crimped to the new modified terminal. It is certainly the first thing to do , and make sure the wiring to the injectors is tied down so they are unable to move with the engine vibration.

PN/ 30765321 x 8
Old Mar 26th, 2024, 15:16   #23
Hectus

I guess i will also ask in this old thread.

2006 xc70 with D5 185hp here.

Same issue for me, i keep getting Injector 5 signal too high. First time it happened i was driving, but now its happening on every cold start.
What confuses me is that if i use vida and clear the code, the car is running normal until next cold start. When its running while the fault is present, its running really rough, like it has air in the system.
Vida also gives me a code with low fuel pressure that seems to come at the same time as injector 5.

I have not changed the terminal yet, since i first now read about that, but i have looked at the loom around 8 inches in, i found some cracked wires that i changed out but it didnt help.

Is the repair terminal my first step as well? i think i should look more into the loom while waiting for the terminals, where do the injector wires go, to the ecu?

Thanks in advance for help and advice
Hectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 19:31   #24
Simmy
Premier Member

also consider the fuel pressure regulator.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2024, 15:12   #25
Hectus

Hi again

I need some help.

I have changed the terminals on injector 5, also went thru the entire loom.
Fuel correction looks good, i ohmed all the injectors they all came out at 0.6ohms.

I found a fault on the sensor or regulator or whatever it is on the right side of the fuelrail, it actually was leaking internaly. Changed this, car still had a long cranktime.

Changed the terminals on the injectors yesterday, car started right up with no errors, ran smooth. Today it also started up fast and ran smooth, but still triggered low fuel pressure, signal too high and injector 5 signal too high.

I noticed that the fuel pressure was like 480000 hpa while nominal value was like 360000 hpa, is this a clue?

after i cleared the codes, fuel pressure went down to about same as nominal value.

Im starting to think its fuelpressure triggering the injector fault, but maybe thats a mistake?

could it be the fuel pressure sensor since its allowing too high pressure when cold? thats the left on on the rail isnt it? or could it be the regulator near the hp pump? or any other suggestions?

The current to the fuel pressure regulator i also wonder what should be, mine reports around 400-500ma.

A pain to troubleshoot this since it only happen once a day or every other day.

Im attaching a couple of screenshots, note that of the fuel pressure i took after clearing the codes.

I have also asked for help on another forum, at this point i need all the help i can get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240405_153215.jpg (122.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20240405_153334.jpg (136.0 KB, 3 views)
Hectus is offline   Reply With Quote