Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Buying my first Volvo - XC90 T8 - looking for advice

Views : 6080

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 19th, 2023, 12:38   #11
eugeneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles11 View Post
After over 5 years (took delivery of MY18 in Nov 17) and 48k miles, I can’t recommend my T8 highly enough. The only glitches have been the Sensus software and VoC app which are a bit amateurish compared to the standards of current generation cars. I also have the smaller 50 liter tank which is a pain on the few occasions I do long trips.

From what I gather they introduced an improved ERAD for MY18 and, unless mistaken, I haven’t seen any cases on this forum post MY17. I would also add that we do only one or two long journeys per year so I have done about 50-60 per cent of mileage on full electric. This means my brakes are as good as new, as confirmed in last service. And despite having the smaller 10.4 kWh battery, my lifetime average is 54 mpg. No battery degradation either as range is as good as new: between 14 and 25 miles depending on temperature. You’ll get a bit more with the updated battery but it’s probably not the right car if you spend most of your time on the motorway.
Many thanks for your input, really appreciate it.
Unfortunately I've just read a thread on this forum about an MY22 extended range T8 that has a confirmed ERAD failure
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=329735&page=2
eugeneville is offline   Reply With Quote