Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Views : 11369

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:20   #181
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
87 in Jan. After 85 very few will insure and even less at fair premiums despite a lifetime of NCD. You will have no trouble I am sure. My dealer had an Inscription Pro T5 on lengthy use and said 27 mpg was all he managed. I get 35 in my D5 with my driving so I suppose your approx 5 mpg less is not far off.
You suprise me, you have a great outlook on life, and come across a lot younger .
You won't feel short changed with the T5.
Enjoy!

Last edited by bobby2000; Sep 22nd, 2017 at 20:28.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:21   #182
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejm68 View Post
I changed from comfort to eco at 70mph on the motorway. No complaints from the car.
From memory after an earlier reading of the manual after turning the wheel you push it to save the new format. I do not remember any mention of whilst driving or not.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard F For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:27   #183
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
You suprise me, you have a great outlook on life.
You won't feel short changed with the T5.
Enjoy!
I am lucky in that people say I look much younger and sometimes feel it but less and less at times. I just carry on as normal and forget all about age. Thank you for your kind comments.

Last edited by Bernard F; Sep 22nd, 2017 at 20:31.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard F For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:39   #184
Jcbrown

Quote:
The salesman told me that you couldn't change the mode at above about 5mpg when I tried to go from comfort to dynamic, it wouldn't let me change the mode at that speed of around 40 mph.
Have you tried to go from comfort to dynamic at speed?
The last mile home is a 30-40-60 twisty section, and I often go from Comfort (or even Eco) to Dynamic in the 30MPH section. Sometimes I even do it in the 60MPh section before I hit the 30MPH. Not sure what speed I am doing then, but would say more than 40 - Will check next time, but DEFINATELY more than 5MPH.

Manual states:
  1. Press the drive mode control DRIVE MODE.
    > A pop-up menu is opened in the centre display.
  2. Roll the wheel upward or downward until the desired drive mode is highlighted
  3. Press the drive mode control or tap directly on the touch screen to confirm the selection.
    > The selected drive mode is indicated in the driver display.
A message is shown when a drive mode is unselectable, for example:
  • Cannot be selected because gear is in manual
  • Cannot be selected due to low battery
  • Cannot be selected due to low temperature
  • Cannot be selected due to limitations
  • Cannot be selected because speed is too high.

So clearly there is a speed above which you cannot change it, but I cannot immediately see it state what that speed is
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:42   #185
chrisnoy

Quote:
Hi People,
I've had my test drive, a good hour, unfortunately it wasn't the R. design that I was expecting , but it was an Inscription pro so similar to my Inscription.
First impressions was very good, plenty of get up and go, also very smooth an refined, especially after my D5. I did try the different performance modes, just the default comfort mode was fine for me, the dynamic mode basically hangs onto the gears longer so does give you a bit of a boost, the different modes can't be changed on the move so that a bit of a let down.
I was particularly interested in its hill climbing abilities, to be honest I thought it was as good as my D5 so very happy there.
Really the only downside I can see at the moment will be fuel consumption, at least 5mpg down, maybe more.
I'm told that my car is at Immingham docks, so have arranged to collect it next Friday 29th September, I will believe it when it happens.
If I do get it on Friday, I'm seriously thinking of running it for 2 weeks, then having Polestar installed, then running again for another 2 weeks, if I don't think it's worth it I could then get it removed and get a full refund.
What do you think?
Glad you've had news, when the car is in the Country it won't be long before you get it. Good to hear about the T5. I am planning to keep it for a month or so and then get polestar. The MPG is worrying but I did expect it and hopefully it will be worth the pollution worries.
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 20:53   #186
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrown View Post
The last mile home is a 30-40-60 twisty section, and I often go from Comfort (or even Eco) to Dynamic in the 30MPH section. Sometimes I even do it in the 60MPh section before I hit the 30MPH. Not sure what speed I am doing then, but would say more than 40 - Will check next time, but DEFINATELY more than 5MPH.

Manual states:
  1. Press the drive mode control DRIVE MODE.
    > A pop-up menu is opened in the centre display.
  2. Roll the wheel upward or downward until the desired drive mode is highlighted
  3. Press the drive mode control or tap directly on the touch screen to confirm the selection.
    > The selected drive mode is indicated in the driver display.
A message is shown when a drive mode is unselectable, for example:
  • Cannot be selected because gear is in manual
  • Cannot be selected due to low battery
  • Cannot be selected due to low temperature
  • Cannot be selected due to limitations
  • Cannot be selected because speed is too high.

So clearly there is a speed above which you cannot change it, but I cannot immediately see it state what that speed is
Thanks for that, when I get my own I will be able to have a play.
As has been said in other threads, salesmen don't know everything.
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 17:10   #187
chrisnoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Glad you've had news, when the car is in the Country it won't be long before you get it. Good to hear about the T5. I am planning to keep it for a month or so and then get polestar. The MPG is worrying but I did expect it and hopefully it will be worth the pollution worries.
Check out the Myvolvo site, there is a special offer for Polestar for id's during Sept and Oct...wow nice discount.
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 17:22   #188
Daglass

Got mine yesterday and I'm delighted with it.

Shopped around for ages trying to get a deal. In the end I went for a very nearly new managers car with a lot of extras on it that I've never chosen myself like the B&W sound system.

Been playing with it all day today, just need to get the On Call pin code sorted.
Daglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 16:34   #189
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Check out the Myvolvo site, there is a special offer for Polestar for id's during Sept and Oct...wow nice discount.
As a matter of interest I have just rang Admiral about having Polestar installed in my new T5. (Want to take advantage of special offer) didn't really seem to know much about it, I tried to explain that it was a software upgrade that gave a slight increase in bhp and torque. It didn't alter the top speed, but cut 0 _60mph by .01 of a second.
There response was that there would be no increase in premium but a note would be added to my file.
So premium is still £261.33p. Quite happy.
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 17:28   #190
chrisnoy

Quote:
As a matter of interest I have just rang Admiral about having Polestar installed in my new T5. (Want to take advantage of special offer) didn't really seem to know much about it, I tried to explain that it was a software upgrade that gave a slight increase in bhp and torque. It didn't alter the top speed, but cut 0 _60mph by .01 of a second.
There response was that there would be no increase in premium but a note would be added to my file.
So premium is still £261.33p. Quite happy.
I use Aviva and they didn't add any cost for my present car, something about it being a Manufacturers enhancement.
Well I am going miss my old XC60, three years and didn't miss a heartbeat, cleared it all out, the handover is tomorrow at 1400.