Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 2.0 d se **jerking **help **

Views : 8214

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 28th, 2015, 21:05   #21
geordy

Ok, thank you for the advices. I did it today. I have disconnected every connector on the engine (including the 4 injector), spryed them with contact cleaner and reconnected. Now I need to wait a week or two to see what happens. Thank you.

You said that yours does this until you "remap it". What does "remap it" exactly mean? I'm not native English speaker and so I do not use this expression.
geordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2015, 22:10   #22
Tadejus89

I have completely the same exact problem on my S40 2007, 2.0d. EGR valve has been disconnected and properly turned off in ECU, car does not have DPF, does not puff black smoke from exhaust, has no chip tunning and generally it works perfectly, also diesel consumption is low. I've also changed MAF sensor, and two valves for turbochargher. All in vein.

But on the other hand I have problems when I accerelate especially in high gears or in a very steep hill you feel "non linear" accerelation. Also fuel filter is changed every 20.000km so I'm clueless.

Some say that electronic module for turbocharger is not that precise and thats why most of us feel this non linear accerelation, some say you need to do a remap for bigger diesel injection.

During the winter its not that bad, actually when temperatures are around 0 or little above you almost cannot feel this, but when temperatures are getting higher you feel this a lot. This with a combination when the engine is warm enough.

I'll try to make a remap. One guy told me that this should solve the problem.

Last edited by Tadejus89; Mar 29th, 2015 at 22:19.
Tadejus89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2015, 23:57   #23
choppychop

Default same problem

Is there something in the air? I have 2004 facelift s40d done 178k and was running like a dream until I got the dreaded jerking. Mine does it cica 1800rpm and again gave it a good blast drown road but still doing it. My mechanical buddy suggests injectors? Has anyone solved this by the above suggestions or do I have to start spending? Thanks in advance
choppychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2015, 14:16   #24
al3x

My '06 2.0d have also started jerking lateley. Tried changing all filters, cleaning the egr, tried to just drive the f**k of it just to try cleaning it but nothing helped. Even tried blocking and disconect the egr, stil acts the same. Got it to a volvo dealer and they didn't find any fault codes when using the diagnostic tool either. Starting to get really sick of this car. Probably my first and last volvo.
Doesn't really matter if its hot or cold, but it doesn't happen on full throttle. Just when slowly accelerating or crusing in 40-60 mph.

Anyone got any idea?
al3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 20:47   #25
datsunadz

Mine has also started doing this. It's due a full service. It's really hard to describe but it's really slight when the car is warm with hardly any throttle. It's a 54 plate with 115k.

Last edited by datsunadz; Sep 29th, 2015 at 20:50.
datsunadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 22:35   #26
alfadave11

I think issue could be injectors poor fuel atomisation and in some cases ive read poor solenoid actuation of injection...these are mechanical issues that wont throw a code
if you accelerate hard it wont show as the injectors duration is larger and pressure is higher but when injection duration is small pressure is lower and leads to poor spray pattern
alfadave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2017, 18:02   #27
daverollo

Has anyone come up with a definite solution to this? My diesel V40 from 2006 has been doing this on an ad hoc basis this last few months.

Been really annoying this last week.

Only happens under acceleration, never when the foot is off the gas.
daverollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2017, 20:38   #28
leggylady

I haven't read through all the replies, but I did have the exact same issue with my diesel s40 (same year 55 plate). It was a turbo hose and the dealer replaced it and it resolved the issue for about a year..... then I started getting the same thing again. I paid out a grand for a new cat.... and well, the jolting stopped.... but I've had loads of other major issues since (see my thread I posted).

Anyway, long story short.... could be turbo hose. maybe?
leggylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 05:55   #29
Seamaster

V50 1.6D
I am having the same problem, stuttering when the engine reaches its running temperature under light throttle input, at around 1500rpm, if I accelerate harder the problem is eliminated.
Makes town driving a challenge.
I have had the fuel filter replaced twice, I can almost eliminate the problem by putting a double dose of Millers fuel conditioner in the tank, which would point to injectors? So perhaps this should be my next course of action.
Seamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 07:11   #30
Seamaster

I went on a motorway journey of about 4 hours in high ambient temperatures, the car was registering 30 degrees, and it appears to have solved the problem which I guess points to an air sensor.
Seamaster is offline   Reply With Quote