Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

No flamenco red anymore. :-(.

Views : 2239

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 20:50   #1
piratestu

Default No flamenco red anymore. :-(.

I have ordered an xc60 in flamenco red but have been told this is nolonger available. Has anyone got experience of this happening before ? I have been told to pick another colour. Seems a bit too restrictive as there are not a big choice of colours to start with. Surely other manufacturers are still able to produce red paint. The dealership said it was something to do with Japan. I suppose a container loaded with paint could have been caught up in the disasters.
piratestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 21:21   #2
DSK
C70 T5

Some dealers will try to do what is easiest for them. I would personally contact Volvo UK/HQ and enquire if Flamenco red is unavailable, if so, why and for how long. Depending on what they say, you will know if what the dealer has told you is genuine or if they are trying to get you to opt for another colour as its something they can gain better from.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 21:49   #3
Daim
Brit in Germany

There is no more Flamenco Red, Barents Blue, Vanilla White, Ember Black nor Magic Blue available, due to the problems in Japan - the paints are made there and then exported to Sweden and Belgium to be used. As no production in Japan (of course, the areas effected by the quake) is running, no export...

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:21   #4
scr8pdo
Premier Member

I thought Flamenco red was a really old Vauxhall/GM colour, my dad had a HB Vauxhall Viva in that Flamenco red
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 16:12   #5
Westyman
VOC Member

My V70 is Flamenco Red and you're not having the paint off it LOL
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 16:27   #6
Master Member

It's back to Dulux then

I have long thought the extra £500 for metallic paint etc is a bit like Ryanair charging £5 per seat per journey if you don't have an obscure credit card only available in Uzbeckistan

If you pulverise the dealer and say "No way I'm paying extra for that paint" they often as not relent

Otherwise, buy pre-reg, when that extra £500 has, err, well, disappeared

Result!!!
961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 19:03   #7
The Ageing Hippy

In common with piratestu, I too have been told by Volvo that they are unable to supply my newly ordered (end of March) XC70 in Flamenco Red due to the situation in Japan. That said, I was told that it was no longer available due to the ore from which the pigment is produced being radio active and the fact that the Japanese authorities were unable to grant export permits!!. To paraphrase the X files, "the truth is out there, somewhere". I would have liked to order the car in Brilliant Blue (the colour of my present V50) but that appears to have disappeared as well. From the information supplied by Daim, it rather looks like my number 2 and 3 choices have also 'gone' which leaves attempting to make a choice from the rather mediocre options now offered by Volvo. Any suggestions?
The Ageing Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:20   #8
piratestu

Thanks for your inputs. I wonder if other leading brands are having the same problem. It sort of grates when you leaf through the glossy new brochure that sales sent out last week. Stil not decided on the colours

Ho hum.
piratestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:20   #9
Daim
Brit in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratestu View Post
Thanks for your inputs. I wonder if other leading brands are having the same problem. It sort of grates when you leaf through the glossy new brochure that sales sent out last week. Stil not decided on the colours

Ho hum.
They are. A lot of brands have reduced their colours OR have somehow managed to get the colours (slightly different) from other manufacturers...

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flamenco, japan, paint, red, xc60