Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - another taking the plunge!

Views : 3192

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2014, 22:24   #11
inego

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbydoughboy View Post
Hello. I have an older 2010 xc60 and wondered if there should be a light on the cd player slot. I cant remember if there was one when my car was new but I struggled to insert a cd in the dark and assume that there was one to start with, is it a difficult job to replace the bulb. Thanks.
Wow, totally old-skool

I haven't noticed one in the last couple of days - but perhaps try a new thread for your question?
inego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 22:31   #12
inego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
From promotional material I've read on the web I think the specs for XC60s in Oz are very different from the UK.
Cheers on the best wishes. We've been watching your weather, and then the snow in Sochi. I think the kids are tryign to convince us on a skiiing holiday with the XC60 this winter

Yeah, the Oz model seems to be load a lot of fruit into an all-up price, rather than base plus lengthy options. Given the build plus shipping time, it allows them to have stock on hand with the most desired options eg. heated seats are an option, but most are delivered with them.

The D4 and powershift do look v. interesting, but not expected here in AWD until next year. The r-design is polestar chipped (scalded cat territory, even over the D5 luxury) as well as the suspension tuning and body kit. It doesn't get the leather dash (which is pretty but I wonder how it will last in our sun), but does get the 130w 10 speaker stereo. Oh, and the stock vehicle also has front sensors, which is not a bad thing.

So, all good apart from the likely bumpy ride but much more chuckable ride..
The Following User Says Thank You to inego For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 21:44   #13
inego

Another week nearer delivery and getting more excited!

This has probably been done to death elsewhere, but just wow on tyre prices on the 20". I'm trying to project running costs to justify our proposed financing model to the wife, and was quoted AUD600 (approx. GBP325) a corner for Pirelli Scorpions from my usual supplier.

Sure I'll push them down when needed (online quotes are more GBP245), but I thought the GBP120 for Cinturato P7s on my Skoda was a little unpleasant.
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 23:09   #14
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Ha! There will be a reason I went with the regular SE Lux when I signed up....even 18" rims ain't cheap, but I drew the line at downsizing to the 17's available !
MikeIOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 22:07   #15
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inego View Post
Another week nearer delivery and getting more excited!

This has probably been done to death elsewhere, but just wow on tyre prices on the 20". I'm trying to project running costs to justify our proposed financing model to the wife, and was quoted AUD600 (approx. GBP325) a corner for Pirelli Scorpions from my usual supplier.

Sure I'll push them down when needed (online quotes are more GBP245), but I thought the GBP120 for Cinturato P7s on my Skoda was a little unpleasant.
I am working on the assumption of about £225 per corner, say £1k for the set. Arianne.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 21:58   #16
inego

I'm starting to hate my dealer for teasing my by loaning me an XC60 Luxury D5 (sort-of the UK SE Lux) while my Skoda is being repaired (hopefully their Skoda in the next week or so).

I did almost 400miles over the weekend, a combination of motorway and our equivalents of A, B, C, D and narrow gravel roads. It was the easiest and most comfortable road trip I've ever done. And even on the gravel, the XC60 was secure and easy to place (although my 80yo mother was commenting on gripping her seat on the mountain roads - I was having fun).

Anyway, it's made me question whether an R-design (supension mods and polestar chip too) with 20" is the right choice. I am looking forward to the sports seats, but wondering whether the sports suspension will ruin that loping ride of the Luxury.

Also wondering whether I should have got the driver assist pack - ACC is brilliant!
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 00:01   #17
inego

Another vanity post from me - delivery this Friday!!!!!

Even better, Skoda Oz is paying for the work on my trade-in vehicle as a warranty claim, even though out of warranty.
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 00:06   #18
inego

Another vanity post from me - delivery this Friday!!!!!

Even better, Skoda Oz is paying for the work on my trade-in vehicle as a warranty claim, even though out of warranty. But the dealer is letting me keep the current loan Volvo until I collect the new one.
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 04:51   #19
inego

It's here but, after skiting about our weather, it's a gloomy sort of day and haven't bothered with any pics to show off the car or the city.

But my it looks and goes mighty fine!!!!!
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 05:24   #20
inego

I've been waiting for the weather to improve and for the time to get to the perfect Sydney spot before posting pics of my stealth vader R-design. But it hasn't happened, so here's a quick pic. I even washed it for the first time today - and now there's a storm approaching
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0825 - web.jpg (164.8 KB, 71 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inego For This Useful Post: