Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

This is it - XC60 R-design Lux delivery almost here....

Views : 2085

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2014, 07:48   #1
Arianne
Premier Member

Default This is it - XC60 R-design Lux delivery almost here....

Well folks, after four months of waiting the day is almost upon us. We set off today on our mini break to Coventry (add that to the things you rarely hear people say - 'mini-break in Coventry') so we can pick up our new XC60 tomorrow, Saturday, at 9am.

Some of you may be glad since taking delivery may reduce the avalanche of posts that this frustrated & excited little boy has been adding to the forum since November '13.

There's a couple of things that may be of interest to fellow forum members:
  • I know how eager I was to hear any scrap of information about the new VEA D4 XC60. The media has begun frequently reviewing it during the last month or so. But there's not so many owner reviews from folk on this forum. I promise faithfully to take the time to post a comprehensive review when we get back from our 600 mile round trip. It'll be a mix of motorway and twisty Scottish country roads and, of course, the busy streets of South-East England;
  • It'll be a written review first plus any photos we take at the dealership, if we can remember in our excitement;
  • the pictures will come a bit later as I'll want to spruce up the 'girl' before some location shots. My current thinking is to use the road that runs past Talla or Megget in the 'Lost Quarter' of the Scottish Borders. Pretty dramatic scenery and a good place for a personal collection of pics for my own album when resale time comes! Just 15mins drive away too, how fortunate are we.
  • now the dealer, TMS Volvo in Coventry. These people have been, so far, amazing. Let me explain. Out of the blue, they called me to explain that Volvo UK have improved their incentive scheme for 2014 Q1 sales and......they would like to pass on the incentive to me, thereby reducing the cost of the thing beyond that which we had previously agreed. Flippin' hec people.....does that happen in car dealership land? Now the transaction is not complete yet because we haven't taken delivery but, so far, this is the true definition of a 'win/win' business to customer relationship if I ever saw one. I wish my local dealership would take note and, if you're reading this post now.....it's time to think about how to capture my business in 3-4yrs time!

This week saw the arrival of boxes from DPD - Clean my Car & Polished Bliss delivered my new collection of snow foam, various Poor Boy products, lambs wool mits for when we get a nice day and the new car can be given a full programme of care & attention.

Winter rubber mats are added to the deal and I'll be taking the Volvo service pack for £300 covering the first three years. My insurer confirmed to me yesterday that they provide, in effect, GAP insurance built into their standard policy during the first year - a like for like replacement should the car be written off, I sincerely hope that's one feature I won't be needing!

Now I'm off to pull together some of my CDs from artists where the production & recording quality blows you away. And also some of my music DVDs so I can try all of this on the Premium multi-media sound system.

One final comment at this juncture, which I say with the greatest of humility since I am just an ordinary, hardworking guy (like almost everyone on this forum) and I certainly never want to boast or come across as a 'twot' but.......

There was a thread recently which asked the question "why do people buy new cars". This, my fellow forum members, is why.

Have a lovely weekend when it comes. Work hard, be good and have fun!

Arianne.
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 08:07   #2
Flux
Premier Member

Great post.

Your Big Date has not passed me by and am excited for you.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your long-awaited drive home.

Be safe, don't fiddle with too many buttons en route (unless wife is driving of course!).

I do look forward to what I know with be a thorough review.

Safe motoring.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flux For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 08:18   #3
XCeed

Hope the new car is everything you are hoping for - I am sure it will be...
(PS: you could also complete a fantastic weekend by dropping into the Hawthorns to see the Baggies thrash Man Unite...sorry I can't bear to say the words...)
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 08:42   #4
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCeed View Post
(PS: you could also complete a fantastic weekend by dropping into the Hawthorns to see the Baggies thrash Man Unite...sorry I can't bear to say the words...)
If only
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 09:30   #5
andymcp
Premier Member

Thoroughly enjoyed your posts leading up to D-day. Enjoy the trip and it's great to hear that the dealer has been so good - they really can make a huge difference to how enjoyable (or not) parting with large amounts of cash will be.

Off to collect mine this afternoon, might pass you on a motorway somewhere round south Scotland during the week. I'll make sure I wave at any new-design red XC60s I see.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 09:48   #6
watchboy

Great post as always Arianne

You wouldn't by chance be staying just on the outskirts of Coventry in a moated luxury hotel would you?? If you are, the gardens and grounds are superb and the weather forecast is for some nice weather so make the most of it.

Regarding the car, it will be great to hear your thoughts and also your impressions of the passion red as their don't seem to be too many people who take the plunge and go for the shouty colour.

Sounds like the supplying dealer has been fantastic to deal with and has embraced an approach to customer satisfaction and retention that many could learn a lot from.

I read a review of D4 VEA engine yesterday that described it as sounding more like a 6 cylinder especially when pressing on a bit and it will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Loving the fact that you have lots of incoming deliveries of car protection and cleaning materials keep them bugs off the car!

Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy collecting your well deserved new baby! I for one will look forward to your review.

Paul
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to watchboy For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 09:49   #7
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcp View Post
Off to collect mine this afternoon, might pass you on a motorway somewhere round south Scotland during the week. I'll make sure I wave at any new-design red XC60s I see.
You have a super time too. We have an office in Glasgow, just by Queen Street Station. So you never know, I sometimes drive through to Glasgow, up the M74 and then abandon the car in the Central Station NCP. Might see you around

Arianne
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 10:32   #8
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchboy View Post
Regarding the car, it will be great to hear your thoughts and also your impressions of the passion red as their don't seem to be too many people who take the plunge and go for the shouty colour.
There is an R-design passion red XC60 parked about half a mile from my house, I pass it almost daily. It looks absolutely brilliant in that colour, for such a big car it carries it off really well. The only minor downside is that because of the large panel size, it starts to show dirt very quickly - radiant shiny red near the top and faded road grime red nearer the bottom, but a good wax or detailing should help there, or so I'm told.

I'd put up with the extra cleaning for the brilliant colour if I was going the XC60 route though.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 10:50   #9
watchboy

Mines Passion Red Andy and it is a nightmare to keep clean especially when doing motorway miles in the rain :-(

As you say, if you keep on top of it and top the wax up it is generally fine.

Paul
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 11:07   #10
Considered1
Premier Member

Thanks for the posts and enjoy your weekend.. you deserve it.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post: