Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

B20 engine, M41 D type Overdrive Gearbox

Views : 3607

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 15:20   #1
billibob1980

Default B20 engine, M41 D type Overdrive Gearbox

Due to an upgrade I have for sale the engine and gear box from my amazon.

The engine is a B20. has a little bit of an oil leak and could do with a good tune up but it is a healthy engine. It is fitted with an alternator and comes complete with the twin carbs. Looks to have had a water pump recently. And look at that sparkly rocker cover... Black with red glitter!
Still fitted in the car at the moment and will be removed in the next week or so.

The gearbox is a M41 Fitted with a D type overdrive. The overdrive slips a little when hot an go give it some gas. It may need an oil change / top up or it may need a rebuild. This is also still fitted to the car so no photos im afraid. Will come with bellhousing and amazon top cover but no gear stick. I maybe able to supply the prop shaft also.

I am located in Coventry west midlands. As for price I have no Idea but for the benefit of the forum I will say £350 for the engine and £150 for the gearbox.
billibob1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to billibob1980 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 19:33   #2
kishor kassie

Default gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by billibob1980 View Post
Due to an upgrade I have for sale the engine and gear box from my amazon.

The engine is a B20. has a little bit of an oil leak and could do with a good tune up but it is a healthy engine. It is fitted with an alternator and comes complete with the twin carbs. Looks to have had a water pump recently. And look at that sparkly rocker cover... Black with red glitter!
Still fitted in the car at the moment and will be removed in the next week or so.

The gearbox is a M41 Fitted with a D type overdrive. The overdrive slips a little when hot an go give it some gas. It may need an oil change / top up or it may need a rebuild. This is also still fitted to the car so no photos im afraid. Will come with bellhousing and amazon top cover but no gear stick. I maybe able to supply the prop shaft also.

I am located in Coventry west midlands. As for price I have no Idea but for the benefit of the forum I will say £350 for the engine and £150 for the gearbox.
Hi
Would the box come with the prop shafts, relay and switch? Is the box working fine?
Ta
Kas 078 2887 9494
kishor kassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 11:31   #3
JP 1800
Master Member

Would the exhaust manifold be for sale?
JP 1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 19:35   #4
old fart
Master Member

Default Gearbox

The overdrive sounds like it needs a rebuild,as my last one started on it's way out like this,however I am interested in it,and the propshaft,as the car I have just bought has had it's overdrive removed,and is therefore much to low geared.
Please phone me on 01905 779398
Cheers,Andy.
old fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 11:08   #5
Carlsson 986

Default Alternator?

Hi, I could do with the alternator if it has internal regulator and puts out about 55amps - looks as if the external reg is no longer on the offside wing in the photos.

I'm local to Cov so could pop round some time.

Ric
Carlsson 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 06:37   #6
skidje
Master Member

If gearbox still available I can get my collegue to pick it up soon with you in Gloucester.

I realize I'm 2nd or 3rd in line but please send PM if others pull back!
skidje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 11:00   #7
martenbeets

Default overdrive gearbox

If still available please ring 07939548483
martenbeets is offline   Reply With Quote