Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

320mm brake wheel size?

Views : 14383

Replies : 128

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 5th, 2011, 12:29   #81
Miniguy

Default Intesresting

I was told earlier the caliper bolts are the same, so depending on how my calipers look, and whether I may just need the back shields, the lines and maybe the springs. The other bits I can source cheaper through work. No discount available from retail prices on the Volvo stuff apprently......

Last edited by Miniguy; May 5th, 2011 at 12:31.
Miniguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 13:37   #82
rustydonkey
Pimp wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniguy View Post
I was told earlier the caliper bolts are the same, so depending on how my calipers look, and whether I may just need the back shields, the lines and maybe the springs. The other bits I can source cheaper through work. No discount available from retail prices on the Volvo stuff apprently......
I'm going to ditch the back shields.

FRF Motors do a discount off retail prices.
rustydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 13:54   #83
Miniguy

Default New

Are you sourcing it all new? I have prices things up like discs as a good OEM replacement, and will be sourcing my braided lines if you are interested? I was being quoted in the region of £49+VAT per disc from Volvo

Last edited by Miniguy; May 5th, 2011 at 13:57.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miniguy For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2011, 14:18   #84
rustydonkey
Pimp wagon

Quote:
Are you sourcing it all new? I have prices things up like discs as a good OEM replacement, and will be sourcing my braided lines if you are interested? I was being quoted in the region of £49+VAT per disc from Volvo
No not all of it just the little bits. Check out my other thread http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=118357
rustydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 14:31   #85
Miniguy

Default Bits

Let me know what you end up buying, and the cost, I'd be interested to see what they quote you. I know the quote I had for the large sping clips was pricey, just hoping the ones on these calipers are OK.
Old May 5th, 2011, 14:39   #86
Miniguy

Default Pm

I just tried to PM you about the braided lines but my post count isn't high enough Grrr! I have a price on them now, and will be checking them on my Dads car to make sure all is correct (his is already 320mm)
Old May 5th, 2011, 18:12   #87
VenomS40
08 Volvo S40 SE Sport R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustydonkey View Post
I see you also have the metal strip/clip things that sit on the edge of the caliper.

Thats what I have but minus the disks and the rubber pipes coming from the caliper.

So what else is needed to complete the job minus the basics like disks and pads and lines please?

Volvo S40 SE Sport R-Design + Winter Pack
VenomS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 20:56   #88
Miniguy

Default Parts needed

From the picture then,

Calipers as pictured with carriers and spring clips
Pair of Discs
Set of Pads
Ideally back plates, but these can either be removed, or I have read on the c30world they can be easily trimmed to fit.
Brake Lines (opting for braided which I can source for others)

Without seeing the part numbers with the earlier diagrams, I think whats OK. I have been told the caliper bolts are the same across both setups, but would like that clarified

Last edited by Miniguy; May 5th, 2011 at 20:58.
Old May 5th, 2011, 23:21   #89
Will22

Ok now having looked at the photo above I see that the calipers are the same as the ones that come on Audi V8 S4's I have some knocking around in the garage somewhere. From memory they were sh!t. Would you not be better going for Brembo or Mov'it
Will22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:54   #90
VenomS40
08 Volvo S40 SE Sport R-D

Quote:
From the picture then,

Calipers as pictured with carriers and spring clips
Pair of Discs
Set of Pads
Ideally back plates, but these can either be removed, or I have read on the c30world they can be easily trimmed to fit.
Brake Lines (opting for braided which I can source for others)

Without seeing the part numbers with the earlier diagrams, I think whats OK. I have been told the caliper bolts are the same across both setups, but would like that clarified
Tick for the first item then for me. Happy days. Discs and pads thats easy enough and line (from you). What are these Back plates and what do they do other than stop dust if I'm honest? Guessing by how you said it there not needed really then?

Quote:
Ok now having looked at the photo above I see that the calipers are the same as the ones that come on Audi V8 S4's I have some knocking around in the garage somewhere. From memory they were sh!t. Would you not be better going for Brembo or Mov'it
I did think of this of looking at an up-rated kit for a ST but thinking that afterall these are going onto a 2.0D then such a huge up-grade is needed as this up-grade is a big difference compared to STD on the 2.0D. Also a hell of a lot cheaper.

Volvo S40 SE Sport R-Design + Winter Pack
VenomS40 is offline   Reply With Quote