Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Ultimate 73 plate speed limiter fault

Views : 441

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2024, 10:27   #1
Mark on Wirral

Angry XC90 Ultimate 73 plate speed limiter fault

Hi, I am new to this so bear with me! My new XC90 has a somewhat disturbing intermittent fault - when using the speed limiter, which I do a lot, occasionally it overrides and the car shoots off at high speed until I react and slow down, very unnerving at times!

For the avoidance of doubt, this is when I have set it manually and it is not the automatic speed sign reader (which is no good) or the pilot assist / lane assistance.

The car has also had a host of faults including a reoccurring internet fault from (literally) my delivery handover and I am currently trying to have the car replaced! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated to solving this issue as I don't want to go legal (but will do) with Volvo with this and other issues...
Mark on Wirral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 13:58   #2
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Never used the Speed Limiter as the adaptive cruise is far superior for me, but did not think it controlled acceleration thought it stopped you over a set speed, would you be pressing the accelerator when its going faster ?

If that is the case have you overridden the speed limit function ?

https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a801516fb9deda
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 14:06   #3
SteEnt

Are you perhaps pressing the accelerator to the point where it overrides the limiter function?
I have had this happen when not concentrating on the throttle application. You don’t even have to press it fully to the point of resistance and it will override it in case you’re trying to go faster because of an emergency situation.
SteEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 16:33   #4
Mark on Wirral

Thanks for the post, but I don't think I am pressing the accelerator to the override. I have tested this several times just after this happens and to override I have had to press the accelerator far further than I was.

Thanks for the thought, much appreciated
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 16:38   #5
Mark on Wirral

Thanks for the post, you are correct in that it restricts the speed but I haven't been 'over pressing' the accelerator

Thanks for the thought, much appreciated. I have used the limiter function on other cars (mercs) so I can't really see that it's me. regards Mark

Tags
faulty, internet, speed limiter, xc90