Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fitting a Parrot to a V40?? Q's

Views : 1999

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 19:20   #11
Pat1001

Nexxia.co.uk do a sot-1000 for £39.95. Let us know what option you eventually decided on please.
Pat1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 17:28   #12
v40chris

Still not made any head way on this, all the running cables through to the amp has kind of put me off.

I'll maybe look at a stand alone cradle with speaker or have a punt if i can get the leads / parrot cheap enough.

Chris
v40chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 17:34   #13
mikealder
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v40chris View Post
Still not made any head way on this, all the running cables through to the amp has kind of put me off.
You don't run any cables to the amp in the boot simply use the existing cable.

You will need to make/ purchase some DIN to RCA addapters which plug between the headunit to the SOT-1000 then you go from RCA to DIN and plug this in to the cable that you took out of the headunit i.e. the cable that goes from the headunit to the amp in the boot, doing this avoids messing with anything other than the wires at the back of the headunit.

If you make up your own DIN-RCA/ RCA-DIN cables you also need to bridge the amp remote switch wire between the two DIN plugs - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikealder For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 22:09   #14
v40chris

Ah, thanks for the advice mate, that doesnt sound as bad, ill get hold of a CK3100 and try get hold of the right harness(s)
v40chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2016, 12:36   #15
Ed Scott

I have a Parrot MKI9200 and was wondering if anyone had good ideas as to where to fit the screen and remote so they don't obscure any of the controls on the centre console?
Ed Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2016, 15:47   #16
HerrJAH

I gave up on fitting the MKi9200 / SOT-1000 to get a fully integrated BT and music streaming solution etc. By the time I'd put the money and effort into it I realised I was only a few quid and man-hours off a better solution. I have also decided to go down the aftermarket head unit route. Quick question; is the DIN housing a proper 'standard' size? I'm hoping to fit one of these:

http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/produc...specifications

Cheers!
HerrJAH is offline   Reply With Quote